Lost ability to pan for oddball Anran camera

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Have an old Anran PTZ cam that I still run to scan the back yard sometimes (this one uses a Sony sensor so actually an OK cam but that's another story...). Noticed today that panning no longer works within BI. Panning does work from within the camera's own interface. Presets do work within BI. So mechanically/electrically it's OK and BI can communicate with it to send the presets. Works fine otherwise. Nothing appears to have changed in the cam setup or within the PTZ settings for BI. So I'm guessing that something must have changed within an update over the last few times that I did.

Not expecting that anyone would know this cam in particular but are there any settings somewhere that I'm missing that would affect panning while the presets will still work?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Have an old Anran PTZ cam that I still run to scan the back yard sometimes (this one uses a Sony sensor so actually an OK cam but that's another story...). Noticed today that panning no longer works within BI. Panning does work from within the camera's own interface. Presets do work within BI. So mechanically/electrically it's OK and BI can communicate with it to send the presets. Works fine otherwise. Nothing appears to have changed in the cam setup or within the PTZ settings for BI. So I'm guessing that something must have changed within an update over the last few times that I did.

Not expecting that anyone would know this cam in particular but are there any settings somewhere that I'm missing that would affect panning while the presets will still work?
You would have to email support. Try adding the camera to bi again.