Lost Access to Lorex Cameras with BI v5 Incremental Update

Reaction score
I’ve been using BI since the early days of Ver 4 and haven’t had a persistent issue until now. After a recent automatic incremental upgrade to Ver 5, I lost 3 of my 4 Lorex NVR cameras. I’ve searched for a solution and tested many different configs but have been unsuccessful getting back on-line in BI. Here’s the setup details…
It’s a Lorex LH041400 NVR with 4 wireless cameras. The NVR/cameras work as they always have and there been any upgrades to the system at all for about 2 years.
Lorex config details;
Lorex LH041400
IP: 192.168.1.xxx
client port 9000
HTTP Port 80
RTSP Port 554
rtsp:/IP:port/chA/B
B:0(main stream),1(sub stream)

BI config that’s been working for a couple of years now;
http://192.168.1.xxx:9000
Make: Lorex
Model: LH016000/LHD208000 media port 9000
Cam#: 1
Media/video/RTSP port: 9000
Discovery/ONVIF port: 8099
Stream profiles – Main: {CAMNO=01}
Stream profiles – Sub: (blank)
Audio: 64 kbps G.711 u-law – (blank)
Advanced – Receive buffer (MB): 10
Send RTSP keep-alives = checked
Use RTSP/stream timecode = checked
All other check boxes in the Advanced section are unchecked
ONVIF source: VideoSource_1

Camera #1 works fine in BI. However, I can no longer get cameras 2,3 and 4 to come on line in BI. Previously, the only change to the config for each camera was to change the Camera number in both the Cam# field and the Stream profiles Main field.

I’ve tried dozens of configs and adjustments, including reloading backup configs but can’t get the other 3 cameras to appear in BI. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm on an older version so I can't tell you specifically where to look (I think it's where you have BI perform a "Find/Inspect") but BI was updated a while back to set up cams using their MAC address and if you've assigned static IP's to them already then BI can't locate the cameras. Insure that option is unchecked then reboot BI.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What specific version of blue iris are you on and what version did you come from?
There is no need to redact local ip addresses. Billions of devices have the same local ip. Nothing can be done with that info.

Reaction score
I'm currently running Release 5.7.6.7 x64 (5/10/2023). I upgraded from Ver 4 to Ver 5 without issue. I know BI has automatically updated itself several times since then and I'm not sure which one of the 5.x updates caused the problem. Understood about redacting the IP. Just a bad habit I guess.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm currently running Release 5.7.6.7 x64 (5/10/2023). I upgraded from Ver 4 to Ver 5 without issue. I know BI has automatically updated itself several times since then and I'm not sure which one of the 5.x updates caused the problem. Understood about redacting the IP. Just a bad habit I guess.
disable auto update.
Confirm that the ip address blue iris has listed for your camera is the actual ip address of the camera. Login to the camera via web browser.

Reaction score
disable auto update.
Confirm that the ip address blue iris has listed for your camera is the actual ip address of the camera. Login to the camera via web browser.
I have disabled auto-update so I have a better chance to catch an issue like this.
Unfortunately, The camera's are LWU3620-C and I don't know of any way to access the cameras directly. I believe they can only be used with the Lorex NVR.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have disabled auto-update so I have a better chance to catch an issue like this.
Unfortunately, The camera's are LWU3620-C and I don't know of any way to access the cameras directly. I believe they can only be used with the Lorex NVR.
You should be able to log into the web interface directly. You should also be able to see their ip's using your router or something like advanced IP scanner. It is likely that they are on a different ip than what BI is looking for.

Reaction score
The camera's are WiFi only. They are indeed 2.4 Ghz, but do not transmit an SSID (that I'm able to detect) and they won't appear in The Advanced IP Scanner (Famatech) as they can't attach to my local network without a password. They also don't have a RJ-45 to hardwire them to the network for discovery. I've searched the internet high and low for a way to access the cameras without the NVR but haven't had any luck at all. Everything worked fine until fairly recently, so it's very frustrating. I may contact BI customer support to see if they can offer any assistance.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The camera's are WiFi only. They are indeed 2.4 Ghz, but do not transmit an SSID (that I'm able to detect) and they won't appear in The Advanced IP Scanner (Famatech) as they can't attach to my local network without a password. They also don't have a RJ-45 to hardwire them to the network for discovery. I've searched the internet high and low for a way to access the cameras without the NVR but haven't had any luck at all. Everything worked fine until fairly recently, so it's very frustrating. I may contact BI customer support to see if they can offer any assistance.
You are confused. Any camera that feeds to your network must have an ip address (not ssid). You gave the cameras your network password otherwise you would have never seen them in BI in the first place.
If you are feeding them to BI via your NVR then that is different. Triple check your settings. Blue iris support is run by one guy. He is not going to help you with your networking problems, as is expected.

Reaction score
My comment about the camera's being wifi only pertained to how they connect to the NVR. They are wireless vs being wired. I've never been able to connect the camera's directly to BI, only through the NVR. I don't believe I have a network problem as this wasn't an issue until a recent BI update.

Here's the camera specs
Like I mentioned in an earlier post, I don't believe there's any way to connect BI directly to the camera's, so my attention has been on figuring out why I can no longer connect BI to 3 of the 4 camera's through the NVR.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
After the BI update did you insure that the 3 cams that don't work have the same IP (the NVR's LAN IP) as the working cam BUT that the channel number for each cam (1 through 4 ) has been chosen from the drop-down menu?

Reaction score
I have double and triple checked all BI settings and they didn't change during the update(s). I've also restored settings of known good backups and even used an empty BI config so I could enter all setting from scratch but still no joy :-(

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Please post 2 screenshots:
  • #1 would be of the "video" > "configure" button of the working cam
  • #2 would be of the "video" > "configure" button of a non-working camera.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have double and triple checked all BI settings and they didn't change during the update(s). I've also restored settings of known good backups and even used an empty BI config so I could enter all setting from scratch but still no joy :-(
Delete the camera in BI and add it back.

mbh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just had this same problem, even though I thought I had them on binded IP's two of them switched. Search for them on ONVID and you will find the new IP's