Lost Hikvision NVR Web Access

Kirk Bocek

n3wb
Reaction score
I just upgraded my 8 port Hikvision NVR to 3.4.96 and I can no longer access the web interface. There is no response.

The NVR is up and connected. I can ping it's IP address. Plugging in a screen I can see it found the cameras.

But I cannot use my browser to connect and the Hikvision remote software doesn't see the NVR either.

Any ideas?

Kirk Bocek

n3wb
Reaction score
I guess. I never used the direct connect interface. I see cameras displayed but no command menus.

Kirk Bocek

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, I plugged in a USB keyboard. I didn't do a mouse but I didn't see any menus to click.

Kirk Bocek

n3wb
Reaction score
That answers that. But is there an option to enable web or SADP? I walked through the setup wizard and saw port selection options but not anything to enable/disable.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
But is there an option to enable web or SADP?
Yes, on that version of firmware there is a screen to enable/disable many services that were previously permanently active, including SADP.
Under System Maintenance | System Service.
Worth checking - though they should not shut down by themselves, unless there is a bug, and that's highly unlikely. I think.

Kirk Bocek

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes indeed. That was the problem. Both web access and SADP were turned off. Thank You.

Now a new problem. Trying to log in, I get "Network Abnormal". Now the system had previously set several cameras to a 192.168.254.x address. But now the default address in the NVR is 192.1.0.64. All the cameras are showing up in the display. So I'm not sure what the problem is.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Now a new problem. Trying to log in, I get "Network Abnormal". Now the system had previously set several cameras to a 192.168.254.x address. But now the default address in the NVR is 192.1.0.64. All the cameras are showing up in the display. So I'm not sure what the problem is.
It does sound like there was some corruption in the NVR configuration as a consequence of the update.
I'd be tempted to do a 'reset to defaults' and go over the needed changes, such as to the network settings, to be sure that you had a clean consistent start.

Alternatively, to just fix up the web GUI 'network abnormal' problem you should be able to use the VGA/HDMI interface to check and amend as needed the network configuration.

Kirk Bocek

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, factory reset is what I'm leaning towards. I assume there is a recessed button somewhere.

Kirk Bocek

n3wb
Reaction score
That just occurred to me too. I'm thinking I need to reset my cameras too. Sounds like the process is unplug, hold the reset button, power up, hold button for 30 seconds.

Kirk Bocek

n3wb
Reaction score
It was confusing but I got all my cameras re-setup. Had to perform a reset on a couple of them.