Lost in lala land!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I want to place my order for my cameras. Extremely nervous buying from Aliexpress considering the amount I'd be losing. Nervous rolling the dice on $700
Understandable man, but if you are using one of the two big name branded CC's, they will go to bat for you if anything happens. But if there was many problems, this forum would be filled to the brim about them. Keep in mind, Aliexpress holds the payment from the seller in escrow until you confirm in your account that you have received the goods, and you are happy with the goods. Call your issuing bank for your card, and let them know you are about to make an overseas purchase.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That makes me feel better about it. I want to go with that Empiretecandy supplier. He sounds reputable.

randytsuch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Most of my connections either inside, or are in junction boxes, so I don't have to worry about weather. I have one outside I need to wrap in water proofing tape, there is another thread here on that.
Per a recommendation by Nayr, I'm running my exterior cat 6 in EMT conduit, to protect it. It's relatively inexpensive, will keep someone from cutting the wires, and after it gets painted will look ok. I have other conduit on the sides of my house so another run is not a big deal.
It is more work to run the wires through conduit, but figure in the long run its a better way to do it.

EDIT: in your order, connectors are for stranded wire. You ordered solid wire, they have different connectors for solid. I did the same thing. Since it's Sunday, you can probably still change your order.
Cat6 Plug Solid W/Insert 50U 100pcs/Bag - Monoprice.com

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My goal is to run everything through the attic. I'll drill the holes straight through the siding or soffit right into the camera. I shouldn't have any external wires. I have a chase that runs down by the vent for the furnace. It runs right to the furnace room next to my computer room. Should be a straightforward setup.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I emailed them and will call them in the morning. Still need to order the WD Purple drive and cameras.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm OK with overkill. Lol. What has me worried is the availability of the camera's you guys recommend. I'd like the bullet model. 4 to be exact.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Availability should be picking up this month, everyone should be back to work in China tomorrow after a long 2 week holiday.. but lots of ppl want the cams so pay attention and dont let another batch slip by

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I want to place my order tomorrow. You think the bullet cams will be in stock in that model?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
he had bullet cams last I knew but has not had a opportunity to add them to his store yet; I requested the bullet format back in early November and just got it a couple weeks back.. paid for it via PM on these forums w/Paypal

w/free shipping its not financially critical you get em all at the same time if he dont have enough in stock

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yeah unless you give it as a gift; which I did.. cause I wanted to save andy any additional fees; he's very unlikely to screw us over with as much money as this forum has driven his way in the last few months.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'll pay him extra if need be. $800 is a big investment. I'm already over budget. But I think the extra cost will outweigh the store bought Lorex system I almost bought.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
IIRC anything over $800 USD imported may be subject to additional duty fees; talk to him about fudging the price on the customs forms or break it up into smaller orders.

Ive gotten over a grands worth of cameras in the last 6months from @EMPIRETECANDY, very happy with the products and service.. still got more to get.