lost license key

sdetweil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i am the lucky recipient of one of the 'troublesome drivers' from the latest Windows 10 update..
and unfortunately the 'recovery' was to reset Win10 back to as installed, but save my files..

just not the registry...

how do I find my license key which I have been using for the last 3 years?
I cannot find the cd case with the key, and I had a software purchase in 2018 for an additional license,
but no info on the key itself..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i am the lucky recipient of one of the 'troublesome drivers' from the latest Windows 10 update..
and unfortunately the 'recovery' was to reset Win10 back to as installed, but save my files..

just not the registry...

how do I find my license key which I have been using for the last 3 years?
I cannot find the cd case with the key, and I had a software purchase in 2018 for an additional license,
but no info on the key itself..
If you purchased a CD with a key then you can try to contact the seller but it's doubtful they have the key... You try support and see if they save the key when you register with your email address...
If I understand the second key it's one that you purchased online, if it was from the blue iris website the he would have been emailed to you. It is always a good idea the print the key and tape it to the PC.

sdetweil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you purchased a CD with a key then you can try to contact the seller but it's doubtful they have the key... You try support and see if they save the key when you register with your email address...
If I understand the second key it's one that you purchased online, if it was from the blue iris website the he would have been emailed to you. It is always a good idea the print the key and tape it to the PC.
yeh, 20/20 hindsight is perfect as usual.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I’d contact support to see if they can help, maybe the key can be retrieved using either an email address or maybe even a property of the pc?

I fell foul of losing a key, not BI but for Twonky Media and I had to buy another key in the end.