lost password hikvision

Reaction score
hi i have lost my password to 4 of my NVR which have been setup a few years ago, is there anyway to reset the password without the reset button? support wont help me as i bought these 'grey' market
these are all of the serial numbers, the version of the cameras is running V5.0 Build 171129 and nvr is running V3.5.32 Build 180129
DS-7216HUHI-K21620180324CCWRC11270010WCVU
DS-7216HUHI-K21620180324CCWRC11270021WCVU
DS-7216HUHI-K21620180324CCWRC11270008WCVU
DS-7216HUHI-K21620180324CCWRC11270005WCVU
please any help will be grateful

Reaction score
I have the same unit and am in the same boat. I'm getting told same thing about it being gray market etc.... A previous employee had bought it off Ebay from a Canadian seller.

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
the version of the cameras is running V5.0 Build 171129
That's an IP camera? If so, that's an unusual version of camera firmware.

A bit of a long shot if you have IP cameras connected - depending on how you originally configured the DVR and IP camera passwords - see if this URL in a browser provides a configuration file, replacing the IP address with that of the camera :
http://<camera_IP_address>/System/configurationFile?auth=YWRtaW46MTEK
If it does - zip it up and attach here.

Reaction score

A bit of a long shot if you have IP cameras connected - depending on how you originally configured the DVR and IP camera passwords - see if this URL in a browser provides a configuration file, replacing the IP address with that of the camera :
it doesn't work says
Access Error: 404 -- Not Found

Can't open URL

any other way?

Reaction score

It's a model number for a DVR. Any chance there is a back door or exploit to reset the password on the DVR? On my version of the software running the DVR, in the bottom left corner of the password screen clicking it to open another window to enter a code to reset the password does nothing. I have posted pictures of what happens at each step.

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
it doesn't work says
Access Error: 404 -- Not Found

Can't open URL
That suggests the PC IP address isn't in the same range as the camera IP address.

So this is definitely an IP camera?
What is the camera IP address?
What is the PC IP address?
Is the camera connected to the same LAN as the PC?

Remember this is just a long shot, in case the IP cameras have the same password as was set on the DVR, and also if the cameras have the vulnerability where the password can be extracted.
What's the model number and firmware version of the cameras?

Reaction score
That suggests the PC IP address isn't in the same range as the camera IP address.

So this is definitely an IP camera?
What is the camera IP address?
What is the PC IP address?
Is the camera connected to the same LAN as the PC?

Remember this is just a long shot, in case the IP cameras have the same password as was set on the DVR, and also if the cameras have the vulnerability where the password can be extracted.
What's the model number and firmware version of the cameras?
The ip address of cameras is 10.0.0.11-10.0.0.14 and the camera firmware versions is 5.0