Love my new camera

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think it's the same camera same specifications everything Just rebranded I guess although it does not have the auto tracking
Nope, not the same as the SD59225U-HNI or SD49225T-HN. This amcrest has a lower 20x zoom, different F number ranges (actually better on the low end F1.4). Interestingly it also looks like the Amcrest has a faster motor. However, the minimum illumination numbers are an order of magnitude worse.

The physical dimensions are similar to the SD59225U-HNI, but according to the specs the weight is about half. I suspect they forgot to do the unit conversion, but I suppose there could also be a LOT more plastic and less metal.

Specs for this camera are hard to find, I found them on page 12 of this: https://s3.amazonaws.com/amcrest-files/Full+IP+Camera+Brochure+Final+Revision2.pdf
EDIT: Also here: https://support.amcrest.com/hc/article_attachments/360011230771/Technical_Specifications.pdf whis one has a lighter metric weight. more plastic gets my vote

Last edited:

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Just Installed the amcrest IP2M-850EB i love this thing I wish I had Auto tracking it is an amcrest unit but I think it's made by dahua wonder if I could upgrade the firmware or change it
Nice looking camera and nice install, thanks for sharing. I really like the way black cameras look.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@nelson maldonado Since the optics and sensor on this camera appear to be different, it would be great to see some sample pics / video at night.

nelson maldonado

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well the weight of the cameras almost 8 lb he was all metal I do not have the infrared lights on it is dark where I live at night and this camera really shows off what it could do I can't complain for $180 if the other camera is much better than this at night I'm going to go for it but later on when I could afford them I'm posting some pictures but they were taking with my cell phone from the laptop I'm using Blue Iris on and it's slower than a pig trying to get a new system soon and purchase the Blue Iris Software

Attachments

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's a good camera for $180. I was just trying to point out differences in the specs.

Try taking a snapshot in blue iris, a screen shot using your print screen button or the snipping tool on windows next time.