Low cost IP-Cam with access over Internet

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Maybe these videos can help you make a choice. Every ones situation is different, no camera can do all the things we want. The guys on this site came here for the same reasons you are seeking. Identify activity at our homes at night, there is no problem during the day its all color. Most people want identification at night. The best way to identify something or person at night is to run color at night. The new low light cameras are great for night identification. But here is the caveat, you should also have to more light to help in that identification as well. Now as you see in your pictures even with low light cameras and running in color you would not have facial identification because they had the faces covered. But running color cameras at night along with a little more lighting you would have been able to see what color clothing they had on. Next is camera placement. Your cameras as you have them placed now is good for an over all view as you see you can see everything over all in your back yard. So now you should add your next camera that is a varifocal model PTZ model that you can zoom into the window or door way where the guy was breaking into the garage. Or you can add the anti deterent cameras that i saw recently called TIOC. That will blast the area with light and a siren and film them at the same time. You say you want a simple working camera and i know that comes from frustration in not getting what you want from a camera. Well there is no such thing as a simple camera or we would all have it. Well there is a simple camera, and that simple camera gave you the video you showed on here. I had it before as well, and i now have what is best for me and i am happy. Cameras do not come with SD cards, and i have never used wget as i use blue iris software. Some use an NVR. IF i were in your shoes, i would get a PTZ camera with tracking 25x zoom or more. Buy from @EMPIRETECANDY he is honest and will take any camera back that you are not happy with. You could also ask him to send you refurb camera list to purchase cameras below cost because they were returns. I have purchased most of my cameras this way saving me a lot of money. I would suggest to you for your area the Tioc or and a PTZ camera that will track movement and then zoom into them. An NVR that can run your new cameras, the nvr should be the same as the cameras in order to get all the features of the camera. Trust me we have all tried your route, but we ultimately ended up with dahua or hikvision or axis or amcrest. But also remember amcrest is dahua cameras without all dahua features. So take charge use the information and build a system to help protect your family take your time do it one piece at a time if you have to. i think i spent about 1200 us dollars for my system with 13 cameras. I have no interest in wget or remote logging in to view my cameras when i am not home. But that is just me. Below you will find informative links. Good Luck!
PTZ = Review - Dahua SD49225XA-HNR 2MP 25x Starlight + IR PTZ AI Camera with Deep IVS & SMD Plus
TIOC = Dahua NEW Tioc Camera
Style camera = Which Style/Type of Security Camera Should I Buy?
Lens type = Which Security Camera Lens Size Should I Buy?
The Tioc camera, dahua lawyer in US said it has some risks to sell there.
there maybe a risk with blue/red light camera, it could be regard as police facility. @fenderman may i know if their lawyer is right or not?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The other problem is that decent cameras, those with good images and can be set to each situation, happen to be designed to work with an NVR of one sort or another, not as an FTP device. Blue Iris has a nice FTP capability, but you want a camera to do that for you.

cyanno

n3wb
Reaction score
@djernie,
Thanks for your comments! One of the inevitable properties of such a long thread is that most users are just overlooking the crucial question or demands in the opening thread. Just to remember, I was inquiring for a bullet camera with web-access, sd-card and access in IPcam viewer. It was probably a mistake from my side to mention “low cost” as I was more tending to a simple cam without all the fancy possibilities as high definition etc...
Finally I found a cam with all the features I wanted. It is a bullet HD DERICAM B2 cam, I bought just one for trial and ordered directly 2 more as substitute for the existing Sinocams. The Dericam is working perfectly in my system of Synology where all pictures and records are downloaded in my NAS (FTP) using a folder for every cam. Subfolders are created for every day and deleted by a script after x-days. As I had the experience that not all files stored on the SD-Card were also downloaded to the NAS, I wrote a small script where all files of the day in addition are downloaded at 24:00.
Actually my system includes 3 Sinocam, 1 Dericam and 1 Top-201. All cams are visible on my PC´s by using “IP Camera Viewer 4” whereas “IP Cam Viewer” is used for the smart phones. Contrary to the assumption of nearly everyone in this community, my system is not designed for identification of intruders but more for knowing when and what was happening. E.g. when a visitors was there or when a postman came along. In case of a burglary an identification is absolutely useless. In this region gangs are targeting on one single object, after that they immediately disappear on the highway only 1 minute from here and cannot be traced anymore. In this regard the best hint is the one of mat200
@mat200, solution #4: Also you need 2 big dogs. Without laughing, this is the best solution.
So in the end a thanks to all users trying to give me a help and last but not least:
@IAmATeaf: sorry if I chose the wrong expression! I´m not an English born mother thong and as such underestimated the impact of the “Forget it” statement. I do hope looney2ns can understand.

Cyanno

Reaction score
@djernie,
Thanks for your comments! One of the inevitable properties of such a long thread is that most users are just overlooking the crucial question or demands in the opening thread. Just to remember, I was inquiring for a bullet camera with web-access, sd-card and access in IPcam viewer. It was probably a mistake from my side to mention “low cost” as I was more tending to a simple cam without all the fancy possibilities as high definition etc...
Finally I found a cam with all the features I wanted. It is a bullet HD DERICAM B2 cam, I bought just one for trial and ordered directly 2 more as substitute for the existing Sinocams. The Dericam is working perfectly in my system of Synology where all pictures and records are downloaded in my NAS (FTP) using a folder for every cam. Subfolders are created for every day and deleted by a script after x-days. As I had the experience that not all files stored on the SD-Card were also downloaded to the NAS, I wrote a small script where all files of the day in addition are downloaded at 24:00.
Actually my system includes 3 Sinocam, 1 Dericam and 1 Top-201. All cams are visible on my PC´s by using “IP Camera Viewer 4” whereas “IP Cam Viewer” is used for the smart phones. Contrary to the assumption of nearly everyone in this community, my system is not designed for identification of intruders but more for knowing when and what was happening. E.g. when a visitors was there or when a postman came along. In case of a burglary an identification is absolutely useless. In this region gangs are targeting on one single object, after that they immediately disappear on the highway only 1 minute from here and cannot be traced anymore. In this regard the best hint is the one of mat200
@mat200, solution #4: Also you need 2 big dogs. Without laughing, this is the best solution.
So in the end a thanks to all users trying to give me a help and last but not least:
@IAmATeaf: sorry if I chose the wrong expression! I´m not an English born mother thong and as such underestimated the impact of the “Forget it” statement. I do hope looney2ns can understand.

Cyanno
Glad you got it figured out.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I find it funny when someone asks for a "low cost cam". When is the last time you've ever seen someone ask for a "HIGH cost cam"? Someone just come on and say something like "I prefer to pay as much as possible for a solution!"

Actually we do have one guy. I forget his username (maybe he'll chip in) - he bought several $10,000 cameras and wanted the fastest most outrageous BI PC you could buy. Seem to remember 3950x, 128gb memory, 1200W PSU and proposed 3090 RTX graphics. I guess if money is no object..... However, for most, lowest cost at highest quality is the call of the day. All I can say, is I wish I had his budget.

Last edited:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Great, i will grab some to play.

Most Western Alarm systems use either blue or red strobes when triggered:

The only time you're likely to have an issue is if you stick a blue or red strobe in a vehicle.

Personally, as per the door invasion thread where someone kicked the door in, I'd say there's a lot of advantage to having a separate blue strobe to trigger with an alarm. Pyschologically it triggers the thought that the police are here and may make the suspect flee, and in some circumstances eg if mounted in that case away from the door on the far edge of the porch flashing across, may actually trick the offender into thinking the police are actually arriving. Either way, great deterrent.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I can only comment in the UK but I think fender cleared up the US. Hopefully, the TIOC cameras are good for that.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks Andy. I look forward to having a play.

Could you please pass on some early feedback to Dahua before release as a couple of feature aspects have come to mind as improvable before release:

1. The major one is constant LED colour. I believe a Daylight LED ie 6-6.5K colour temp would be much better suited than a warm white led for 2 reasons:

a) As already seen in the sample video, the warm white colour affects the video colour temp with a colour cast and makes identification more diffcult. A daylight LED by contrast would light the subject whilst keeping the colour balance of the camera neutral adding light and enhancing the picture rather than degrading it.

b) Warm white as a colour is psychologically associated with warmth and welcoming, hence why most traditional houses use warm white light bulbs. If a potential Thief, Burglar, Car Jacker, Home Invader, Murderer, is approaching your front door, the last thing you want to convey is a warm welcome feeling. To this end a cool white or daylight LED is also more effective as a deterrent. It will also blend and compliment the blue strobe better as blue light is cool light so the 2 will create and convey an overal cold feeling to anyone triggering them.

2. LED settings - bit of a guess on this one as we don't know if it's already implemented but at a stab I'm guessing the firmware allows for options of Deterrent LED's on or off. What I'd like to suggest is a 3rd setting of delayed on. So eg the zone is tripped, the camera starts recording but the led's only come on after a timed period eg 10 secs. The reason for this is again image quality and to avoid both the white light led and the blue strobe from casting a colour cast on the subject. By having a delay of eg 10 secs, you give the camera a chance to get some good shots of the subject before the deterrent lights come on. This ensures you have some good colour cast free footage and stills, whilst getting the offenders attention still and deterring them when the led and flashing blue strobe subsequently come on. In fact I'd suggest it might even be more effective because if the thief sees the cctv camera and isn't concerned it's being montiored they might just ignore it, but if they've seen it "inactive" despite them being there and it suddenly turns on with a light and blue strobe, then that suggests it's being monitored and an alarm or response has been triggered making it much more likely they'll panic and flee.

just some thoughts.