Low light conditions camera

kontech

Young grasshopper
Jan 8, 2017
Hi all,
I've seen similar older posts on this topic and wanted to check if there have been any leaps in 2024 with regard to low light and no light conditions cameras available in US market.
My use case: long driveways and perimeter around the structures in the suburban area with no light at night.
Looking for a bullet outdoor form factor, fixed lens and no frills but need clear night vision with IR. Don't care for color and prefer not to use withe LED illumination.
TY

The 5442 series, now 5442-S3 version represents the best there is.

Significant improvement over the the previous great 5442 model.

Last edited:
Here is a handy dandy shutter speed calculator for those like me whose fraction math to milliseconds does not compute.
i have the one above set to a customized range of .02 to 1.33ms

1729663087778.png

The distances vary between 25-75+tf or so.
It seem that Dahua and its clones is the preferred brand on here. Is @ndy the only place to buy it from as I can't even find 5442-S3 elsewhere unless it's called something else? What other brands with similar specs can you guys recommend?

See this thread for the commonly recommended cameras (along with Amazon links) based on distance to IDENTIFY that represent the overall best value in terms of price and performance day and night.

The right camera for 25 feet is a different camera than at 75 feet. You will need more than one camera.

These cameras are Dahua OEM sold by respected member here @EMPIRETECANDY

The 5442 series is called 54IR for Empiretech.

The Importance of Focal Length over MP in camera selection

IPC-T54IR-ZE S3

For 75ft , better use the bullet one, the turret will be hard to reach.
IPC-B54IR-Z4E S3

Reactions: samplenhold