WizMind vs WizMind "S" ?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
SO Dahua seems to have slipped a new series in on us while we werent looking?

WTF?
Same model number appears in both series? And the 'New" one, has lesser BETTER Color min illumination spes?

WizMind
WizMindSeries/ 5Series/ 4MP
IPC-HFW5442T-ASE
https://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/All-Products/Network-Cameras/WizMind-Series/5-Series/4MP/IPC-HFW5442T-ASE
0.002 lux@F1.6 (Color, 30 IRE)
0.0002 lux@F1.6 (B/W, 30 IRE)

WizMind S
NEW
WizMind S Series / 4MP
IPC-HFW5442T-ASE
IPC-HFW5442T-ASE
0.0007 lux@F1.6 (Color, 30 IRE)
0.0004 lux@F1.6 (B/W, 30 IRE)

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
At first blush the difference with the WizMind "S" seems to be:
"AI-Powered Image technology and has the Deeplight night vision effect." .....whatever that is, along with a TON more RAM/ROM I suppose to handle the increased AI?
Built in Mic
Stronger IR

But Min illumination, close focus, DORI, Max Bitrate, are all worse...

So it looks like enhanced AI at the expense of ?

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you reverse the numbers or add extra zeros or missing zeros lol?

You show that the S series needs 0.0007 lux@F1.6 (Color, 30 IRE) and the old one needs 0.002 lux@F1.6 (Color, 30 IRE).

0.0007lux means it needs less light than 0.002lux to stay in color.

By contrast, the T2431T-AS which is a 4MP on the 1/2.9" sensor needs 0.008lux@F1.6, which means it needs more light than 0.002lux of the 5442, which makes sense.

If it didn't need any light, then it would be 0.00lux, which is what most cameras show for infrared.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
But what is interesting is they have been using the S designation to signify it is a different chipset in the model than when it was first introduced and has a minor deviation from the original spec (sometimes they provide and sometimes they don't).

So I think what they have done is now turning the S different chipset into a marketing spin LOL and make it sound like new cameras.

observant1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have read about Wizmind vs Wizsense ... but not any other.

Is this a great help? I know it's not. Wish I knew more.

Conclusion: While WizMind uses advanced analytics for ultimate performance, WizSense uses simplified analytics for accurate results. When comparing the two, WizMind is the more appropriate solution for enterprise installations whereas WizSense is more ideal for smaller installations.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have read about Wizmind vs Wizsense ... but not any other.

Is this a great help? I know it's not. Wish I knew more.
Basically WizMind and WizSense are simply marketing terms for the capabilities covered under each.

WizSense is geared towards the smaller installations (and usually cheaper cameras) and WizMind is geared towards businesses (usually more expensive cameras) - so things like people counting, loitering, etc. are important to them (although some of the 5442 series has those as well).

So you just look for the features you want and purchase the correct camera for what you are trying to accomplish.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
WHy would DORI be worse?

And based on what Im seeing Same part/miodel#
Maybe they are trying to finally bring some honesty to the DORI numbers LOL.

As most of us know, those DORI numbers are under ideal perfect conditions, and even then real world testing shows they are overinflated. My personal experience has been around cutting them in half during that day and then that number in half or more at night.

Our long time resident camera expert Wildcat ran the Dahua 4K/X 8MP 1/1.2" camera thru the paces. Keep in mind this 4K/X camera is incredible.

He had the 3.6mm version and here is the screenshot from 40 feet in the ideal daylight, which based on DORI numbers is the supposed IDENTIFY distance for this camera with the 3.6mm lens and I think most of would agree that this is not IDENTIFY quality, even if digitally zoomed in (thus showing similar to LUX numbers that DORI numbers are estimates and a manufacturer can make it whatever they want and personally I found they need to be cut in half or more and even more for nighttime):

1674009619650.png

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe they are trying to finally bring some honesty to the DORI numbers LOL.

As most of us know, those DORI numbers are under ideal perfect conditions, and even then real world testing shows they are overinflated. My personal experience has been around cutting them in half during that day and then that number in half or more at night.

Our long time resident camera expert Wildcat ran the Dahua 4K/X 8MP 1/1.2" camera thru the paces. Keep in mind this 4K/X camera is incredible.

He had the 3.6mm version and here is the screenshot from 40 feet in the ideal daylight, which based on DORI numbers is the supposed IDENTIFY distance for this camera with the 3.6mm lens and I think most of would agree that this is not IDENTIFY quality, even if digitally zoomed in (thus showing similar to LUX numbers that DORI numbers are estimates and a manufacturer can make it whatever they want and personally I found they need to be cut in half or more and even more for nighttime):

View attachment 151289

Yep aware, I have 2 of them.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
From Dahua's product videos I am interpreting that WizMind and WizSense is referring to the AI processing capabilities of the camera. Not the video quality/specifications.

WizMind in a video references an ability to search for a person/vehicles characterises over multiple cameras (presumably the NVR does that).
WizSense seems to be just the cameras AI capability; for IVS, Face Rec, SMD, etc.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
From Dahua's product videos I am interpreting that WizMind and WizSense is referring to the AI processing capabilities of the camera. Not the video quality/specifications.

WizMind in a video references an ability to search for a person/vehicles characterises over multiple cameras (presumably the NVR does that).
WizSense seems to be just the cameras AI capability; for IVS, Face Rec, SMD, etc.
Yep

But here we have two identical camera model numbers, (multiple) with two sets of specs AND capabilities

WizMind and
WizMind “S”

Last edited: