low-lux camera not so low ?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think IP-MAN's broken English speaks for itself.

Aengus4h

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yeah they're brilliant ain't they :p

I can kinda get why IPman responded in the way he did to some extent, an abrasive "your camera is crap" is always gonna raise hackles, better to be more gentle and guide someone toward a better solution really as Tangent did at the start of this thread, taking their constraints into account, gave mine in the detail post above. But I guess after seeing loads of "these are great" posts you weary of it so just come back with that sort of reply and maybe lose the opportunity to improve their choices. Don't get me wrong, its a good forum with lots if useful info but not everyone will get past the abrasive put down and look further to the useful stuff on here.

FYI I'm an IT guy, have supported CCTV at work at various sites over the years including at an airport, and even these mini IP cams are a huge step forward from what we used to have available a decade ago. Sure if you've $ to spend you can get better but constraints both financial and where you live do limit what you can do or what's best suited in your particular circumstances. Yes after the first mini IPcams and then updating to these I coulda bought dahua or hik's for the main perimeter views but in my situation as it currently is they just do not suit my particular constraints whereas these mini cams do, so I'm simply making the best setup within these constraints. They work, suit my situation, give a reasonable picture, have provided evidence to the law and building management that was useful, so whats the problem. They could be a perfect low-cost point solution with the right lens for some use cases like covert monitoring of tills etc...

I will look at pulling some video if you really want, what's the upload filesize limit here? Yeah still images are easy but do give an idea of what the camera sees, didn't want to clog up your servers with vids from such a cr@p system and annoy you all further ;-)

Last edited:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you want to share video, you need to use something like youtube or google drive.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
yeah they're brilliant ain't they :p

I can kinda get why IPman responded in the way he did to some extent, an abrasive "your camera is crap" is always gonna raise hackles, better to be more gentle and guide someone toward a better solution really as Tangent did at the start of this thread, taking their constraints into account, gave mine in the detail post above. But I guess after seeing loads of "these are great" posts you weary of it so just come back with that sort of reply and maybe lose the opportunity to improve their choices. Don't get me wrong, its a good forum with lots if useful info but not everyone will get past the abrasive put down and look further to the useful stuff on here.

FYI I'm an IT guy, have supported CCTV at work at various sites over the years including at an airport, and even these mini IP cams are a huge step forward from what we used to have available a decade ago. Sure if you've $ to spend you can get better but constraints both financial and where you live do limit what you can do or what's best suited in your particular circumstances. Yes after the first mini IPcams and then updating to these I coulda bought dahua or hik's for the main perimeter views but in my situation as it currently is they just do not suit my particular constraints whereas these mini cams do, so I'm simply making the best setup within these constraints. They work, suit my situation, give a reasonable picture, have provided evidence to the law and building management that was useful, so whats the problem. They could be a perfect low-cost point solution with the right lens for some use cases like covert monitoring of tills etc...

I will look at pulling some video if you really want, what's the upload filesize limit here? Yeah still images are easy but do give an idea of what the camera sees, didn't want to clog up your servers with vids from such a cr@p system and annoy you all further ;-)
its an idiotic solution...the fact that others are still using cif is not relevant.
youtube doesnt have any storage limits and doesnt mind crap video.