Low quality video in Adroid app All Cameras view

wcleme11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have no idea if its the camera or something else...I can tell you that I run many dahua and hikvision cameras with blue iris and dont have this issue.
Have you excluded blue iris system and storage folders from virus scans?
No virus scans. I'm almost willing to chalk this up as some incompatibility between the uvc-g3 and blue iris. Ubiquiti doesn't seem to follow industry standards with these cameras. They probably just hacked rtsp support in there as an after thought to appease customer complaints. Googling and searching the unifi forums doesn't turn up much results for people running blue iris with these cameras.

wcleme11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did some additional troubleshooting. TinyCam Pro via RTSP has the same choppy video in multi camera view that blue iris does. I switched the cameras back into UniFi Video managed mode, and loaded up the UniFi Video App on android. Video is smooth as expected. The UniFi app is streaming video over HTTPS. There must be something hinky with Ubiquiti's implementation of RTSP on the UVC-G3. Oh well.. probably another unresolved bug with UnFi.. just another reason why I'm returning them.

wcleme11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have no idea if its the camera or something else...I can tell you that I run many dahua and hikvision cameras with blue iris and dont have this issue.
Have you excluded blue iris system and storage folders from virus scans?
I finally got my hands on a couple Dahua camera's and I'm back to troubleshooting BI. I'm still seeing low fps in All Cameras view on both Android and in web browser. It looks to me to be around 5 fps. All cameras view in the BI console is fine and runs at 30 fps. Do you have any other suggestions? I feel like this is just a configuration issue but I can't seem to pin it down. Or, is BI simply not capable of producing a higher fps stream in All Cameras view?