Lowest Priced 4K 30fps Onvif IP Camera

LittleScoobyMaster

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Without using Alibaba or AliExpress, does anyone know how much the lowest priced 4K 30fps Onvif IP Camera is at the moment?

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Without using Alibaba or AliExpress, does anyone know how much the lowest priced 4K 30fps Onvif IP Camera is at the moment?
This is a totally random and very open ended question... Dome, Turret, Fisheye, Bullet... Anyways 12mp cams appear to be going for $750+ from US Suppliers.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
box, bullet, or dome.
Okay I'm not up for open ended games - I feel like this is a pointless, baseless question - its called www.google.com - Go look.

However, I just quoted a 4K camera this morning so I'll provide you a few specs/info

I'll sell to you today for the low low coast of $3,000
Bosch Box Camera
12mp @ 20 FPS 4000x3000
4K UHD @ 25/30 FPS 3840 x 2160

Next time you ask a question, give some back story or have a point. Your question is like asking "What's an SUV cost?"

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Be fair now, 4K 30fps IP camera is fairly specific, and sometimes google doesn't find what you want it to.

The lowest priced 4K ip camera I am currently aware of is a Dahua dome at $310. It maxes out at 15 FPS but nobody really needs more than 15 FPS for general security anyway. The bullet used to be priced $320 here but it went up some weeks ago. http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=4k+ip+camera&N=-1&isNodeId=1

However 8 megapixels for $310 sucks. True, it is really cheap compared to other 4K cameras, but still too high for the average home user. You can buy two to four 4MP cameras for that price depending on where you buy them from and how slow of shipping you can tolerate.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll sell to you today for the low low coast of $3,000
Bosch Box Camera
12mp @ 20 FPS 4000x3000
4K UHD @ 25/30 FPS 3840 x 2160
This just makes me laugh though. Undoubtedly it is among the best security cameras money can buy, but no way is it 40 times better than a Dahua 4MP camera that can be had for 1/40th the price. For that matter I'm sure it is only marginally better than a Dahua 12mp camera that can be had for 1/4 to 1/6th the price.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
This just makes me laugh though. Undoubtedly it is among the best security cameras money can buy, but no way is it 40 times better than a Dahua 4MP camera that can be had for 1/40th the price. For that matter I'm sure it is only marginally better than a Dahua 12mp camera that can be had for 1/4 to 1/6th the price.
Whats comical is the camera is actually only $1,000 camera, but i figure based on the post he doesn't do any research so...... why not? And technically I think it was around $1,600 actually but I put the book away already and am full from lunch so don't want to get up to look again :) But you are 100% correct in my opinion that the price doesn't justify the change yet - however maybe this is a for highly secure area and it needs it - again, we don't know...

Last edited by a moderator:

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Be fair now, 4K 30fps IP camera is fairly specific, and sometimes google doesn't find what you want it to.
I will partially agree however very quickly follow up questions would be needed.

If I reference an indoor camera and this is for an outdoor environment.
Then what if I reference a new outdoor dome camera but the mounting location really needs a bullet becuase it is exposed to the elements.

I guess I just look at the rabbit hole a very open ended question presents. Also, as noted in another response today, it just seems like a lot of posts lately have been very vague and lack luster/lazy.

LittleScoobyMaster

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Whats comical is the camera is actually only $1,000 camera, but i figure based on the post he doesn't do any research so...... why not?
I've actually done more research on 4k cams than anyone on this forum or cctvforum.com... I will admit that my application is quite different than most others however. I've been waiting for a good 4k camera to come down to a sweet spot price now for about a year or two but I'm not quite ready to jump just yet. (I don't want to make the same mistake I made with the 4K Sieki tv's - '30hz 4K crap' but who knows, maybe I would.) :).

I'm familiar with the Dahua's, Hiks, Bosch, Panny's, Grundig 4k offerings, etc. but I was hoping that, much like how lojix discovered the TOP-201 Super Mini 720P HD IP Cam, that perhaps someone on the forum knows of a similar deal for a 4k Onvif 30fps IP cam. Or, even a well known 4K camera that I somehow missed along the way.

https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/1812-Review-TOP-201-Super-Mini-720P-HD-IP-Cam-%28The-Cheapest-IP-Cam-So-Far-!!%29

And even though I want it to have a true IR cut filter, I have even contemplated the idea of those cheap $100 4k GoPro-like cams just to get a 3840x2160 stream that I can use with my VMS (but most people don't know of any of those that can actually stream or if any are Onvif compliant, etc. and it's a pain d/ling all those user manuals let alone finding them with some of the really cheap 4k GoPro like items.). Wired or wireless doesn't matter - even thought of renewing a mobile contract to turn a new iPhone into a 4K streamer cam, etc.

Anyway, the Dahua Camera mentioned above is a nice looking low priced 4k cam but it is limited to 15 or 20 fps. I almost pulled the trigger on it anyway quite a while back but the more I thought about it, the more I really want 25to30 fps. The application I am using it for is a live view 4K TV that the VMS is hooked up to. I've ran my Hiks and Pannys at 15 fps to get an idea of the slower fps and there is just something about 30 fps live view that feels so much nicer on the eyes, so, that's the reason for the post.

As for the format, it really doesn't matter to me if it's a box, bullet, or dome, or even something like the cheap TOPs or the Huisun's, etc.. As long as it is 3840x2160 with 25-30 fps, that's the important part. (Just want to match the native resolution of the 4K set that I use for live view of all my cams - I've contemplated swapping the 4K set out with four 4K monitors with teeny bezels to make a nice semi-8K display array but for now, just using the 4K set.). Also would like to have the cams indoors pointing outside where the IR illuminators reside. There is a cheap little Dahua 4K box cam that I've been monitoring for a while as well but cctv-mall is not an authorized channel for Dahua, plus a good lens would really bring the cost up well above $400 (with a real lens not the $7.00 one on the site), and I think somewhere, someone may know of a cheaper 4k Onvif 25-30fps ip camera. But, maybe not. I've been thinking of getting this one and seeing just how bad that $7.00 lens is for this cam. I'm curious if anyone has tried this cam with that lens. I've not used cctv-mall before and I've read online that they sometimes charge high prices for shipping and I can't tell if the reviews on the site are legit, many look like they could be faked because they are so short, etc. Anyone have experiences with cctv-mall.com, good or bad?

Dahua IPC-HF81200E 4K box 25-30 fps (12MP is limited to 15fps) (unauthorized channel) $418 without lens:
http://www.cctv-mall.com/dahua-ipc-hf81200e-dahua-ipc-hf81200e-12-megapixel-4k-ip-box-camera-dahua-ipc-hf81200e-12mp-ultra-hd-network-camera

Last edited by a moderator:

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've actually done more research on 4k cams than anyone on this forum or cctvforum.com... I will admit that my application is quite different than most others however. I've been waiting for a good 4k camera to come down to a sweet spot price now for about a year or two but I'm not quite ready to jump just yet. (I don't want to make the same mistake I made with the 4K Sieki tv's - '30hz 4K crap' but who knows, maybe I would.) :).

I'm familiar with the Dahua's, Hiks, Bosch, Panny's, Grundig 4k offerings, etc. but I was hoping that, much like how lojix discovered the TOP-201 Super Mini 720P HD IP Cam, that perhaps someone on the forum knows of a similar deal for a 4k Onvif 30fps IP cam. Or, even a well known 4K camera that I somehow missed along the way.

https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/1812-Review-TOP-201-Super-Mini-720P-HD-IP-Cam-%28The-Cheapest-IP-Cam-So-Far-!!%29

And even though I want it to have a true IR cut filter, I have even contemplated the idea of those cheap $100 4k GoPro-like cams just to get a 3840x2160 stream that I can use with my VMS (but most people don't know of any of those that can actually stream or if any are Onvif compliant, etc. and it's a pain d/ling all those user manuals let alone finding them with some of the really cheap 4k GoPro like items.). Wired or wireless doesn't matter - even thought of renewing a mobile contract to turn a new iPhone into a 4K streamer cam, etc.

Anyway, the Dahua Camera mentioned above is a nice looking low priced 4k cam but it is limited to 15 or 20 fps. I almost pulled the trigger on it anyway quite a while back but the more I thought about it, the more I really want 25to30 fps. The application I am using it for is a live view 4K TV that the VMS is hooked up to. I've ran my Hiks and Pannys at 15 fps to get an idea of the slower fps and there is just something about 30 fps live view that feels so much nicer on the eyes, so, that's the reason for the post.

As for the format, it really doesn't matter to me if it's a box, bullet, or dome, or even something like the cheap TOPs or the Huisun's, etc.. As long as it is 3840x2160 with 25-30 fps, that's the important part. (Just want to match the native resolution of the 4K set that I use for live view of all my cams - I've contemplated swapping the 4K set out with four 4K monitors with teeny bezels to make a nice semi-8K display array but for now, just using the 4K set.). Also would like to have the cams indoors pointing outside where the IR illuminators reside. There is a cheap little Dahua 4K box cam that I've been monitoring for a while as well but cctv-mall is not an authorized channel for Dahua, plus a good lens would really bring the cost up well above $400 (with a real lens not the $7.00 one on the site), and I think somewhere, someone may know of a cheaper 4k Onvif 25-30fps ip camera. But, maybe not. I've been thinking of getting this one and seeing just how bad that $7.00 lens is for this cam. I'm curious if anyone has tried this cam with that lens.

Dahua 4K-12MP box 25-30 fps (unauthorized channel) $418 without lens:
http://www.cctv-mall.com/dahua-ipc-hf81200e-dahua-ipc-hf81200e-12-megapixel-4k-ip-box-camera-dahua-ipc-hf81200e-12mp-ultra-hd-network-camera

Not tried it, but $330 here https://s.taobao.com/search?q=IPC-HF81200E&commend=all&ssid=s5-e&search_type=mall&sourceId=tb.index&spm=a1z02.1.6856637.d4910789

LittleScoobyMaster

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah I wonder if that site is better than Ali-Express or not? I've read a lot about ordering from Ali-Express (I know the Huisun cam users have been having some good luck). That is quite a low price for that cam if the site can be trusted to deliver to the U.S.
Taobao is the biggest online store in China. Aliexpress is owned by the same company, Alibaba.

Basically taobao is the cheapest place to get any camera, sellers there get direct from the factory whereas most other places such as aliexpress, ebay and cctv-mall buy from these taobao sellers then add on their own profit.

The best way to buy there is to create your own account, then sign up to a Chinese shipping forwarder such as yoybuy.com . You can buy with an international credit card on taobao and ship to the Chinese address yoybuy give you, then they forward it to you. Used them several times to buy various things including cctv cameras and had no issues.

LittleScoobyMaster

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Taobao is the biggest online store in China. Aliexpress is owned by the same company, Alibaba.

Basically taobao is the cheapest place to get any camera, sellers there get direct from the factory whereas most other places such as aliexpress, ebay and cctv-mall buy from these taobao sellers then add on their own profit.

The best way to buy there is to create your own account, then sign up to a Chinese shipping forwarder such as yoybuy.com . You can buy with an international credit card on taobao and ship to the Chinese address yoybuy give you, then they forward it to you. Used them several times to buy various things including cctv cameras and had no issues.
Thanks. That's very good to know. I wonder if they take anonymous Visa Gift cards as payment or other types of prepaid anonymous credit cards.

LittleScoobyMaster

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
These are the payment options for people outside China View attachment 7970
Sorta looks like a standard Visa card payment. I think the prepaid Visa gift cards act as regular cards for all practical purposes, don't recall if they have the 3 digit security codes or not though. hmm. it's tempting. This might just be the lowest priced 4K Onvif 30 fps IP camera....

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorta looks like a standard Visa card payment. I think the prepaid Visa gift cards act as regular cards for all practical purposes, don't recall if they have the 3 digit security codes or not though. hmm. it's tempting. This might just be the lowest priced 4K Onvif 30 fps IP camera....
It should work but another option would be to use yoybuy.com's 'buy for me' service.

They will purchase the item for you for a 10% fee and there's many more payment options http://www.yoybuy.com/en/help.html?cateid=139. I did run into an issue with this service the first time I tried however. They asked me for ID because it was an expensive order, to help avoid scammers. In the end they agreed to purchase for me without ID but by then I had learnt to navigate taobao myself so just used their forwarding service instead. They don't request ID for that. It's faster since you don't have to wait for yoybuy to purchase it and there's no fee, just the international shipping cost (which is obviously inflated by them to make profit)

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score