Lpr cam help hopefully last time

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Messing with this and reading all past posts, you are a similar distance as me. Do you run b/w 24/7 and just focus once? Also if 24/7 b/w do I still create 2 profiles for let's say 1/4000 day and 1/2000 night or just 1 profile and everything thr same day night 24/7 b/w?
you can try with everything the same ....try it. try both ways...try day/night profiles as well.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Messing with this and reading all past posts, you are a similar distance as me. Do you run b/w 24/7 and just focus once? Also if 24/7 b/w do I still create 2 profiles for let's say 1/4000 day and 1/2000 night or just 1 profile and everything thr same day night 24/7 b/w?
I ran mine 24/7 B/W for about a year.

Then I ended up switching to that utility I linked earlier so that I could run color in the daytime.

Depends on your field of view and the direction of the sun. I am able to run 24/7 with a 1/2000 shutter. Some field of view that might be too slow in the daytime.

tcount

n3wb
Reaction score
Quick question on the ds-2cd7a26g0/p-izhs8 32mm. I'm on firmware V5.6.11_Build200609 . It keep rebooting by itself when I plug in cisco poe switch. Maybe I have to plug in poe+ switch to provide more power, or is it just firmware issue ? This camera use max 16.5watt. Look like that about the maximum wattage range of the poe switch on single port.

tcount

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, it's over the limit of 15.4.
Good that I got poe+ switch use for hikvision ptz tracking camera, I guess I have to plug in poe+ switch to test then. Hopefully it is not firmware issue, I lookup on the hikvision webiste there is some temperary firware to fix the rebooting issue. I want to test the ANPR before I update any firmware. If is work i leave it there, if not then I may have to update firmware. The last Hikvision Tracking camera I have the new firmware disabled auto tracking, but luckily I was able roll back firmware to keep the auto tracking. Hik hardware is good, but they are so behind and sometime bad with firmware.

tcount

n3wb
Reaction score
Well I found out that when I connect the DS-2CD7A26G0/PIZH camera to nvr DS-7616NI-K2 camera keep reboot. I guess it only support - I series NVR not K. I was able connected to iVMS-4200 without any issue. I also checked that it only use 13600mw 13.6watt power over poe port with all the setting max on IR all the way up 100%. I guess I have to use SD card to record on camera for this unit.