LPR For IPC-B5442E-Z4E

iamnothim

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
A real good deal.
IDrive is having some super pricing on cloud storage. I paid $9.95 for a year of 10TB of storage. That’s not a month. That’s one time $9.95 for a year. Year two is $100
I think it’s now $7.95 for 5TB.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I hate to tell a Apple victim this, but the only way is to use INTERNET EXPLORER. Edge, Chrome with the IE extension, Pale Moon 32 bit, FireFox and all the rest won't work. Dahua has written for IE only, so far, but they will be updating to Chrome based browser compatibility sometime in the near future.

iamnothim

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I hate to tell a Apple victim this, but the only way is to use INTERNET EXPLORER. Edge, Chrome with the IE extension, Pale Moon 32 bit, FireFox and all the rest won't work. Dahua has written for IE only, so far, but they will be updating to Chrome based browser compatibility sometime in the near future.
I’m covered. I use Parallels and Windows 10

iamnothim

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sebastian
Well I couldn’t get I.E. fired up. Not sure why. Microsoft is making a big push to Edge which works great. So I enter the IP into Edge. Goes to signin enter credentials and Bingo right to the camera. Never asked me to get a plug-in. The other push was for Windows 11. I was signed up for this Microsoft Idiots Club thing for advanced releases. I thought that might be the problem with IE. Who knows I punted.
thanks for the idea. Good to be set up if I ever need to go in that direction.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Explorer is not Edge and never the twain shall meet. Win11 will not have any access to Explorer so that's a no go as well. You may get by with Edge, if you're lucky, but usually what happens is that you make a setting and save . Everything looks good and you close the GUI. All the settings revert back to whatever they were before you changed them

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, but it's tuff swimming upstream, against the tide, with a pitch fork. You'd be better off getting a refurb and running Windoze on it.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Edge, Chrome, whatever. They apparently don't have the hooks that IE has plus Dahua designed their GUI in the heyday of IE. I wish they'd update that sooner rather than later but it is what it is. Maybe try Pale Moon 32 bit, not the 64 bit version. I've had fairly good luck with it but that's based on a sample of one user.

iamnothim

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah, but it's tuff swimming upstream, against the tide, with a pitch fork. You'd be better off getting a refurb and running Windoze on it.
I was about to say I don’t need it much then I remembered oh ya my Lurton Homeworks Interactive system. Controls every circuit in the house. It’s a PLC configured via windows. ( serial RS232c MMI SCADA Stuff)

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I suspect the Chinese gov't are the ones dragging their feet on letting cameras go out the door with only Edge and Chrome logins. in essence no security holes. Just my pet Conspiracy paranoia. :)
I.E. and the active X are the security holes the Chinese gov't needs to take over the world and hold it ransom for....drevil.jpg A MILLION dollars.
although I have 2 flavors of 5442's that work with Edge. Some of the other newer Dahua Oem's ( Amcrest newer Cams I'm able to log in, with Edge or Chrome, without the IE tab, which is nice.

iamnothim

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I suspect the Chinese gov't are the ones dragging their feet on letting cameras go out the door with only Edge and Chrome logins. in essence no security holes. Just my pet Conspiracy paranoia. :)
I.E. and the active X are the security holes the Chinese gov't needs to take over the world and hold it ransom for....View attachment 98074 A MILLION dollars.
although I have 2 flavors of 5442's that work with Edge. Some of the other newer Dahua Oem's ( Amcrest newer Cams I'm able to log in, with Edge or Chrome, without the IE tab, which is nice.
:wtf:

dcmkii

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY how are you able to have choose the Iris in Manual mode in your screenshot in the first post?
I have the IPC-B5442E-ZE which I bought from you but only Auto Iris on or off is my only option in Manual mode

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
I.E. and the active X are the security holes the Chinese gov't needs to take over the world and hold it ransom for....View attachment 98074 A MILLION dollars.
wait for windows 11.. they will remove IE and only us authorities will have access .. your dreams come true.. biden and cuomo see you 24/7... maybe you have to update to a good us cctv company to get your cams working with win11

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

wrybread

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I really wish Dahua would just modernize their interface. Being optimized for IE makes it at least a decade outdated. I love their cameras, but their interface would be right at home in 2006.