LTS camera quality

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry I thought this forum was here to help people like myself who have questions. I was just looking for some advice. I'll try to remember not to bother you.
It is here to help people and provide advice...my advice is dont take on a large paying job before you learn what the hell you are doing...you are doing a disservice to your customer...defrauding them unless you come clean and admit this is your first install.

Dclemmons

n3wb
Reaction score
Please don't jump to conclusions. This is my friends restaurant and we are doing this project together. Anyways IP camera systems are sold at Costco and put in by average homeowners. This isn't rocket science like you think it is. Sorry you are filled with negativity. Your not the kind of person that wants to help or give advice to so why don't you get off this blog and go to NASA's blog since you seem to be on a higher level than us camera installers.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Please don't jump to conclusions. This is my friends restaurant and we are doing this project together. Anyways IP camera systems are sold at Costco and put in by average homeowners. This isn't rocket science like you think it is. Sorry you are filled with negativity. Your not the kind of person that wants to help or give advice to so why don't you get off this blog and go to NASA's blog since you seem to be on a higher level than us camera installers.
Then be honest next time...why say you have a "job" coming up and you are "competing" against a company selling hikvision....you dont know what you are doing..it is evident from your original question...you are NOT a camera installer...you have NEVER installed a camera...so get over yourself and read the damn forum before you buy the wrong equipment and do a poor install job for your "friend"...
The negativity is towards fools like you who come here and in their first post, spam MY forum. You are a danger to whomever you install this system for...

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello I have a new job coming up soon and will need to install around 24 IP cameras and a NVR. I plan to use LTS products for this job. I am competing against a company quoting Hikvision.
This implies you are attempting to do this professionally. I'm sorry, but you are not a professional and attempting anything in a commercial environment or for monetary compensation is doing the end user a disservice.

and a 12 TB hard drive.
You really need to understand the limitations of hardware on the market... This isn't going to fly with most/if any hardware presently available.

Please don't jump to conclusions. This is my friends restaurant and we are doing this project together.
This is NOT what you said above - so now we go from bidding a job against HIK to "helping a friend"... Yea, no...

nyways IP camera systems are sold at Costco and put in by average homeowners.
Not even a fair comparison. What you get at costco is a preconfigured plug and play system with a 1.800 number and email address for help and assistance. What you are talking about LTS/HIKvision/Dahua YOU are the customer/support/tech support/end user. You don't get to call or email someone when your confused or don't understand something.

This isn't rocket science like you think it is.
This can be as easy for a fool to use (pre boxed kits with the same lens that won't help you accomplish anything) or as advanced as a rocket scientist would use (multiple streams, VPN access, video analytics, advanced zone and alarm alerts, etc). If this technology was so "simple" this forum and hundreds of posts a day wouldn't exist.

Sooooo..... Thanks for the private message, but your on your own. Next time don't show up roll playing or acting like something your not. Further more, prob isn't the best idea to argue with the forum owner, you'll prob lose...

Your best bet at this time is stop asking questions and just browse the forum trying to learn and DON'T attempt to "help" your friend...

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Cross Posting our private conversation so others can learn from it - not trying to be an ass by reposting my response to you, but people need to be aware commercial applications arn't "plug and play costco setups"

First - I'm not Fender.

Second - You would get the same advice/response from most users here. Trying to dip your toe in the water with a home system is one thing. But when you start talking commercial applications those arn't DIY and most advanced users here are not willing to provide that kind of support because in the end your end user will be the one suffering from your inexperience. If it was your personal home system and things went south only you would suffer and those here could help guide you.

Third - You are trying to bite off to much. 24+/- cameras for a novice is just to much. Different camera placements are going to require different lens configurations (2.8, 4, 6, 8, maybe even 12). Also understanding what different types of IR are going to offer you inside vs. outside. ETC.

Fourth - Something you haven't even thought of is POS compatability. If the establishment wants POS overlay on the video feeds over the registers or behind the bar to track orders... No way your ready for that undertaking and configuration.

Finally - Security. If they want remote viewing you need to understand what you are doing. If you simply open ports and port forward for remote viewing you are compromising their system which includes there credit card processing. Businesses that accept credit cards have to adhere to something called PCI compliance. This assures the network they transfer payment information over is secure. When they are compliant they are not liable for any breach or fraud that may occure. However, if you go opening ports and allowing for intrustion which results in a data breach the establishment will be liable for the entire data breach and any fraud that occures because of it.

People here arn't trying to be rude to you. The way you started things off and presented yourself is what took the conversation this way. Also, from the things I've listed above I would hope you see why people here are concerned about a novice trying to play pro. I hope you understand WHY this isn't simply buying a kit from Costco.

Good Luck if you attempt to venture down this path.