LTS cameras - how to access third stream?

regexaurus

n3wb
Reaction score
I manage several each of these LTS camera models:
CMIP3C42W-28M (turret)
CMIP8C42W-28M (bullet)
The cameras are connected to a LTN8716K-P16 NVR.
The specs tab on the linked product pages for these cameras indicate that both models have third stream support. For the bullet camera, it simply indicates this next to Stream Type. For the turret camera, the specs include third stream info a couple places. So far, I've not determined how to access third streams for these cameras. My understanding is the cameras and NVR are made by HikVision--essentially rebadged as LTS. In my searching, I came across this ipcamtalk topic, but so far I've found no options for enabling third stream or VCA monitoring (to expose option to enable third stream) for our cameras. I'm guessing third stream is enabled for the cameras and cannot be disabled... Do you have any experience with third stream on LTS cameras or suggestions for accessing these streams? I don't know whether or how accessing the cameras behind an NVR affects this. I've accessed main and sub streams on the cameras from BI5...
Thank you in advance!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
CMIP3C42W-28M (turret)
CMIP8C42W-28M (bullet)
The specs tab on the linked product pages for these cameras indicate that both models have third stream support. For the bullet camera, it simply indicates this next to Stream Type. For the turret camera, the specs include third stream info a couple places. So far, I've not determined how to access third streams for these cameras. My understanding is the cameras and NVR are made by HikVision--essentially rebadged as LTS. In my searching, I came across this ipcamtalk topic, but so far I've found no options for enabling third stream or VCA monitoring (to expose option to enable third stream) for our cameras. I'm guessing third stream is enabled for the cameras and cannot be disabled... Do you have any experience with third stream on LTS cameras or suggestions for accessing these streams? I don't know whether or how accessing the cameras behind an NVR affects this. I've accessed main and sub streams on the cameras from BI5...
Thank you in advance!
see image in the first post..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
CMIP3C42W-28M (turret)
CMIP8C42W-28M (bullet)
Thank you in advance!
Only the turret lists a third stream....check lts specs again....
specs list only 1fps but I think its a typo...and should be at least 10...
contact lts

regexaurus

n3wb
Reaction score
Only the turret lists a third stream....check lts specs again....
specs list only 1fps but I think its a typo...and should be at least 10...
contact lts
In the specs for the turret, I see:

Compression Standard

Video Compression
Main stream: H.264 / H.265
Sub stream: H.264 / H.265 / MJPEG Third stream: H.264 / H.265

Third stream
50 Hz: 1 fps (1280 × 720, 640 × 480, 640 × 360, 352 × 288, 320 × 240)
60 Hz: 1 fps (1280 × 720, 640 × 480, 640 × 360, 352 × 288, 320 × 240)
Network
General FunctionsOne-key reset, three streams, heartbeat, mirror, password protection, privacy mask, watermark, IP address filter
In the specs for the bullet, I see:

Video
Stream TypeMain stream/Sub-stream/third stream

As indicated previously, I see no detailed third stream specs for the bullet camera.

Good idea about contacting LTS. I sent an email to one of their support addresses. They've discontinued both cameras, so we'll see how they respond. Thank you!

Last edited: