LTS Cams (Hik rebrand) to work with smartphone apps?

Roman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone else that has bought LTS (rebranded Hiks) have trouble getting them to work with both popular smartphone apps (ipcam viewer pro and tiny cam monitor pro)? The only camera driver / type that works with these cams that I can find (after finally doing a scan) is the generic ONVIF for camera type. This seems really odd to me considering these are rebranded Hik cams. You would think that a Hik driver or even a LTS driver (on ipcam viewer pro) would work.

Like I said, I did finally get them to work with the ONVIF camera type but only over HTTP and not over RTSP for whatever reason. Every setting I try I just keep getting the "Could not connect to given hostname / ip" message.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It does work..something in your settings is incorrect...likely the ports.

Roman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It does work..something in your settings is incorrect...likely the ports.
Within the camera settings or the smartphone app settings? I am fairly positive I have the settings correct. I even used a new cam that I did not change any port info on (used default settings: 80 / 554 / 8000) and still nothing.

If you use one of these apps and have the same camera would you mind sharing your settings just to compare?