LTS LTN8916-P16 4K NVR unboxing, first impressions

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Today I received the LTS LTN8916-P16 4k NVR and a 4.1 MP 2.8 mm turret. Here are some photos of the unboxing, and interior of the NVR. I have also included some images of config screens that I found interesting. I did not know that the unit would have such granular control of user account privileges, for example.

http://imgur.com/a/rFyye

So far everything has worked very smoothly--except my Windows 10 laptop, which I can't get to work with the NVR's web portal Live View. (Edit: I fixed this problem, it was something in the Intel HD Graphics control panel.)

If anyone has specific questions I can try to answer them, but I'm very new to all of this.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So far everything has worked very smoothly--except my Windows 10 laptop, which I can't get to work with the NVR's web portal Live View.
Use internet explorer instead of edge and it will work.

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Use internet explorer instead of edge and it will work.
When I run IE I have the problem of being unable to log in. The login button just does nothing, it's baffling. I searched and found some similar complaints, but no solutions.

milkisbad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Try adding the url to Compatibility view setting first
Then try to add the URL to Trusted Sites

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Great pics and info. Should be placing an order for one tomorrow. Can't wait to get my hands on it. Thanks for sharing!

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try adding the url to Compatibility view setting first
Then try to add the URL to Trusted Sites
Thanks! That is the kind of black magic voodoo Windows tip that I know will be required to fix this problem! Unfortunately, it didn't work. I'm about to sacrifice a chicken. Or does it have to be a goat for Win 10?

Not sure if it's going to be easier to fix my Win 10 Firefox problem (portal works, but Live View images are grey boxes) or my Win 10 IE problem (can't log in to portal). Firefox on Win 7 works fine, and I have a Mac, so I am not totally screwed... but the computer I travel with is the one that isn't working so I'd like to figure this out eventually. This is a weird one.

Deali

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i had tons of problems with Internet Explorer also on Win7

I am using Green Browser now for this job. Its only to view my (chinese) NVR and it works. Also with ip-cams.

Just give it a try, maybe it works 4 u.

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Have you tried IVMS 4200? The new version should be compatible with windows 10. It's my preferred viewing method.

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you tried IVMS 4200? The new version should be compatible with windows 10. It's my preferred viewing method.
Not yet but I will check it out. I did try the Android/iOS apps and they are nice.

Getting the web browser working is still important though, to do things like setting up motion detection regions. I don't think you can do all that jazz in the viewer app, right? Fortunately, I did just figure out how to get Firefox Live View working--it was a graphics driver issue after all.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
@horseflesh - you are correct that there are settings and access to certain informational aspects that you can ONLY access and view on the NVR directly, no browser or vms will provide you access to everything that the physical NVR controlls will. I would also recomend setting up motion detection or any other intrusion or line crossing settings in the NVR itself. This is much easier!!

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@horseflesh Did you notice if the NVR came with rack mount brackets? I will need those for my installation.

Thanks!

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The unit came with 2 brackets like this. Is that what you're hoping for?

J93GxPz.png

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks guys! The 7608 and 7616 NVR's I bought previously didn't include them. (Not from LTS) Didn't think much about it until tonight since none of those were rack mounted.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey @hook3m - you can also purchase the mounts directly from LTS if you need them, they sell them under there accessory offerings.

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hey @hook3m - you can also purchase the mounts directly from LTS if you need them, they sell them under there accessory offerings.
Yeah, i wanted to get them on order before the NVR arrives on Friday if they were not included.

milkisbad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@hook3m 1 U case NVRs/DVRs are rack-mountable but the ears are not included (don't ask me why xD )
1.5U and 2 U case NVR/DVRs have them included.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Jealous of the 4k nvr, thinking of ditching my Dahua nvr and getting one of these. Then I'd have to get another 4k monitor haha

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
And 4K cameras... Investing in a 4K NVR with 2.1, 3, 4 mp cameras isn't doing much for ya either...