Lts nvr question

sonup2000

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there any way to have continuous recording and have motion alerts on the dvr? I have blue iris for my self which is awesome but has to setup dvr for a friend trying to accomplish having continuous recording and have motion alerts tagged on the footage to not searching the whole recording to find something.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there any way to have continuous recording and have motion alerts on the dvr? I have blue iris for my self which is awesome but has to setup dvr for a friend trying to accomplish having continuous recording and have motion alerts tagged on the footage to not searching the whole recording to find something.
Like with all hikvision NVR's you can only do this via the hdmi/vga interface of the NVR not the web or mobile interface.

Reaction score
This can be set up by enabling the motion detection for the camera either directly on the NVR or through the web interface.

Once the camera is set up with motion detection, let it run. When you want to search the camera recordings for motion events, use the smart search function on the NVR itself (via the HDMI or VGA connection) and you should be able to search and playback the motion events.

sonup2000

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you I am so use to BI being able to have everything all from the mobile app. Some residential customers are asking for able to see motion alerts when they go to playback from app but also have continuous recoding on the dvr just Incase motion doesn't pick up something. They just want to see motion alerts only through app but as a precaution have continuous on dvr is that a possibility?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you I am so use to BI being able to have everything all from the mobile app. Some residential customers are asking for able to see motion alerts when they go to playback from app but also have continuous recoding on the dvr just Incase motion doesn't pick up something. They just want to see motion alerts only through app but as a precaution have continuous on dvr is that a possibility?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You cannot do this with the hikvision/lts NVR's unless you use double the channels recording space and set each camera to continuous and motion...the hikvision mobile app is also not user friendly when it comes to reviewing video..you need to enter specific dates/times you want to view then try to adjust a tiny timeline...also only 4x speeds...

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
In web UI I simply record motion and full recording in Hikvision NVR for the same cam using two separate channels. Not perfect, but I only need to this for one cam