LTS NVR w/ Aliexpress Camers

spyfly81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is anyone running Multi-Language cameras with a LTS NVR?

I am wondering if you have to run a certain firmware for them to work with each other?

thanks

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
@spyfly81 I don't know the answer for certain as I have not tried this however since LTS is private label HIK they operate on the HIK protocol so you shouldn't have to do anything, in theory they should just be plug and play like the LTS cams - but I can't swear to that as I have never used china region cameras.

I'm curious why you would try this... The savings for china region over LTS is minimal at best so why even chance it?

Last edited by a moderator:

spyfly81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@zero-degrees i know sometimes i think about it much, for the added cost of LTS i get the cameras next day, support and warranty, makes no sense to mix and match.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

techChina

n3wb
Reaction score
I purchased three DS-2CD3320D-I cameras (firmware: v5.3.1) when I was in China last month, without realizing any region code issues. Luckily, when the first one being hooked up to an existing LST system, there was no issues at all (except week display in Chinese). After a couple of days, when installing the 2nd and 3rd cameras, these cameras simply did not connect at all. Moreover, the 1st one (Chinese version) stopped working as well. Very, frustrating!

About to give up, after several days, I was making my final effort, all of a sudden, the 2nd and 3rd got connected mysteriously! Very unbelievable! I still don't know what happened. However, the 1st one is still unable to connect to the LTS NVR up today. Very weird...

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
To each their own, but I just refuse to go thru the headache with Alie Chinese cams when I can get no headache and solid support for not much more money from authorized us seller.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Well said @blake, I've said the exact same thing many times and while everyone is entitled to an opinion some just don't seem to understand...

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah brotha I fell ya! To each their own, I learned my lesson. LTS comes in cheaper than my local supplier ADI.

spyfly81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks I keep thinking it is worth the headache but you guys are right it is not, LTS has been very helpful

spyfly81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would have to order and extra camera or 2 to provide my own warranty and that could and would turn into a nightmare plus it is nice to know that I can upgrade firmware without any issues.