LV-PC902F2-W 2 way audio question

Meir MaSe Miyara

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
i just got this camera, installed it, configured it and added it to BI.
all is working well, i do have 1 question however...
from my understanding this camera has a 2-way audio,
now from my understanding is that 2-way audio is mic and speaker....
i am able to set up the camera to record audio successfully, but i can’t seem to get it to play audio from the camera... i also could not see a "speaker port" on the camera itself.
am i missing something? is this camera is only a camera that can record audio, but not play audio?
and if it does have that option, where it is enabled? i went page by page in the advanced configuration of the camera login page.
thank you.

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have that camera. It has an internal speaker. I have used the audio (input/output) on the webpage and on the laview hd app. I get a lot of echo when I use it unless I speak quickly and mute the mic.

I do have it connected to BI but I have not tried to get audio to work in BI. I know I have seen a 'record audio' setting in BI on the camera settings.

Meir MaSe Miyara

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, thank for answering . I got audio to work from BI but couldn't get the internal speaker to work. When I talk to the app no audio come out of the camera, I do however hear audio from the camera to my phone. Mind sharing the setting page that enable / control the internal speaker? I must keep missing it.... Thank you

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There are a few different audio codes to select from in the Configuration menu. On the Web page and app, there are icons that mute/unmute the speaker and the mic. Have you tried finding that or are you focused mainly on BI? I see speaker and mic buttons in the BI iphone app. I click on cameras, once I make the 902 active, these two buttons are active so I can disable or enabled them separately.

I can give you more info from my pc tomorrow if you need it.

Meir MaSe Miyara

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I do see the icons in BI. And I did toggled between all the audio codecs on the cam Web page config and choose the best one that had no noise. But still I can hear the audio picked up by the cam mic, but don't hear anything coming from the camera when I speak into the app (phone) mic. Odd..... Drives me nuts

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just tested with my iOS and Android apps. They both behave the same way. I can hear audio from the camera but I can't send audio to the camera via either app.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure you select hikvision 2cdxxxx not the laview in the camera dropdown.
in the camera select g711ulaw
make sure that in the cameras video/audio tab you have "video and audio" selected and not just video..

Meir MaSe Miyara

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Make sure you select hikvision 2cdxxxx not the laview in the camera dropdown.
in the camera select g711ulaw
make sure that in the cameras video/audio tab you have "video and audio" selected and not just video..
Verified config as you wrote, still no audio coming form the camera speaker....
so odd, drives me nuts.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Verified config as you wrote, still no audio coming form the camera speaker....
so odd, drives me nuts.
you have something set wrong...post images of your settings, both camera and blue iris.
Also, in blue iris, in the blue iris options>audio make sure output is set to not specified.

Meir MaSe Miyara

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
you have something set wrong...post images of your settings, both camera and blue iris.
Also, in blue iris, in the blue iris options>audio make sure output is set to not specified.
First, thank you for taking the time to try and help me.
i verified the not specified config, still no go..
attached are relevant screenshots, i REALLY hope its something i am missing...

BI-Audio.JPG
BI-Cam-Config.JPG
cam-audio.JPG
cam-av.JPG
Camera-Audio.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@Meir MaSe Miyara Is the camera local on your network? if so, are you using the local ipaddress? I ask because I see you have blocked the address...

Meir MaSe Miyara

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, it is local. apologies, i blacked it out out of habbit lol.... the cam is configured on 10.2.9.141 which is one of my DHCP addresses

Meir MaSe Miyara

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Trying from mobile app from PC my mic is powered off.
never trying from PC.
only from BI mobile app.
Clicking the mic button, it is green. but nothing come out of the camera speaker... i can hear from my phone speaker the camera mic input just fine...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Try deleting the camera in blue iris and starting again..see what happens..your settings should work..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried that several times :( u think a defective camera?
I doubt it, you can test it easily by using a mic attached to your pc and IE or even more simply by using hikvisions ivms4500 mobile app to test he audio.

Meir MaSe Miyara

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I doubt it, you can test it easily by using a mic attached to your pc and IE or even more simply by using hikvisions ivms4500 mobile app to test he audio.
My baby just woke up so i can test the camera in her room :)
i tested with the ivms4500 app (thanks for the suggestion) and the camera speaker DID WORK.
so now this is 250% an issue somewhere in BI config...
if you are using the same, would you mind sharing screenshots of your set-up.
i must be missing something somewhere...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My baby just woke up so i can test the camera in her room :)
i tested with the ivms4500 app (thanks for the suggestion) and the camera speaker DID WORK.
so now this is 250% an issue somewhere in BI config...
if you are using the same, would you mind sharing screenshots of your set-up.
i must be missing something somewhere...
I am currently testing on a 2432 which is the same firmware wise...I know I had the same settings and they worked when I had the laview...
I cant explain why its not working..