LV-PC902F2-W 2 way audio question

Meir MaSe Miyara

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What is your firmware, here is mine: (and build)Firmware.JPG

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I deleted and readded the camera into BI and now I don't get audio through BI pc application or iOS. It works through the browser though. This is my firmware info. I have looked before and I don't recall finding a way to get a new firmware for this camera.

ModelLV-PC902F2-W
Serial No.LV-PC902F2-W20141018AAWR485022776
Firmware VersionV5.2.0 build 141031
Encoding VersionV1.0 build 140714

Meir MaSe Miyara

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Seems like my firmware is more updated than yours, I got it after tech support WebEx to resolve the issue but overall it seems it's an issue with bi and not the camera.

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think you are right about BI. When I added the camera back, I installed it as Hikvision 2cdxxx RSTP. I just switched it back to LaView, hoping for my audio back at all. No dice still. I was just testing the Microphone through the app as a curiousity and now I have no audio at all (camera to app) :/ I am going to delete and add it back again.

edit 1:That worked. I am back to 1 way audio again.
edit 2: The audio persisted even after I went back to the iOS home screen. It only stopped when I actually closed the app. I don't think it used to work that way. I could be wrong though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Meir MaSe Miyara

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
im officially going nuts,
i posted on another forum, maybe they have seen this...
i am still trying to poke around, what is missing in the BI config...

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried adding at Audio Path on Network IP camera config (the page from your first image). I made it the same as the Video Path: /Streaming/Channels/{CAMNO}. That didn't work. I also tried checking the box for "Setup RTSP back-channel for talk support (PCM-U format)". That didn't seem to work either.

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Seems like my firmware is more updated than yours, I got it after tech support WebEx to resolve the issue but overall it seems it's an issue with bi and not the camera.
When did you contact support about this issue? I ask because it looks like your firmware is only a few months newer than mine. Also, have you contacted BI support?

Meir MaSe Miyara

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When did you contact support about this issue? I ask because it looks like your firmware is only a few months newer than mine. Also, have you contacted BI support?

i contacted them last week, they sent me this firmware. i can share if you like, i still have it.
no idea what's the changelog though...
i did not contact BI support as this is a specific camera issue, i imagine he will state "check the camera manual"....

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Please do share it. I would like to take a look at it.
I can look up BI support this afternoon. If he is interested, I could let him view my BI pc or send him info...

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I downloaded the file. Thanks! I messaged BI Support a few hours ago. I will update here.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

Meir MaSe Miyara

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
in bi, go to alerts, then select sound alarm using pc or camera speakers...select send to camera if supported...then test..see if you get audio from the camera.
Thanks for the reply Sir,
tested - no sound is coming out of the camera. native app works...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Sir,
tested - no sound is coming out of the camera. native app works...
To clarify, did you do the test as explained? I am not asking you to use the mobile app..this test is to see if the blue iris server can send audio to the camera.

Meir MaSe Miyara

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
To clarify, did you do the test as explained? I am not asking you to use the mobile app..this test is to see if the blue iris server can send audio to the camera.
Fair question :) But yes, Sir. i understood the logic in your suggestion. tested from the BI server, seems as BI server is unable to properly send commands audio to the camera, i mentioned in the native app it works, to eliminate the possibility of the camera being at fault.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Fair question :) But yes, Sir. i understood the logic in your suggestion. tested from the BI server, seems as BI server is unable to properly send commands audio to the camera, i mentioned in the native app it works, to eliminate the possibility of the camera being at fault.
Is the camera wireless? test it wired..i have seen weak wifi connection cause audio problems. I know 100 percent for certain that the camera works with blue iris for talk audio...

Meir MaSe Miyara

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Camera was on Wifi at initial state and now it is now on POE, no change.... @fenderman, if you have the same camera would you mind please adding screenshots of your config, page by page for the software setting as well as the camera config?
i know its asking alot, but only if you have time. i know for sure it SHOULD work with this camera, and i am sure the camera function with no issues as it works with the native app. so there must be SOMEWHERE where there is a missing config.
where it is , its the question lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Camera was on Wifi at initial state and now it is now on POE, no change.... @fenderman, if you have the same camera would you mind please adding screenshots of your config, page by page for the software setting as well as the camera config?
i know its asking alot, but only if you have time. i know for sure it SHOULD work with this camera, and i am sure the camera function with no issues as it works with the native app. so there must be SOMEWHERE where there is a missing config.
where it is , its the question lol.
I dont have the same camera anymore. I did have it. I used the talk function. I also have the LTS/hikvision 2432 and it works fine. The firmware and hardware are the same. The settings appear to be correct...you can try contacting support and see what he says...you will need to give him direct access to the camera.
If you have a spare pc, load the blue iris demo on it and test to see if it works.