Mac OS Dahua NVR & Cameras. EZ Station 3.0. Is there a way to make this work?

supaflygy

n3wb
Reaction score
As many of us know, Dahua is just junk from China where support for the end user is just non existent. As we are all finding out that if you use a Mac computer SmartPSS DOES NOT WORK with recent OS upgrades. So i'm trying to find a solution to being able to utilise a desktop Mac computer and view your cameras. Uniview desktop software EZViewer will run on Mac OS Catalina & Big Sur, you can see the NVR and the cameras but they dont 'connect' in the software and are not viewable. So just throwing this out there for the tech gurus who might be able to find a workable solution. As you can see from my picture. My NVR & a couple of non Dahua cameras are visible in the interface.

Attachments

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Dahua is made and marketed to professional installers. Any obtained from AliExpress or anywhere else are not given any direct support by Dahua. The same is true of Hikvision. On the other hand, you are getting access to semi-professional and professional grade equipment at reasonable prices. If you're having a problem maybe ask here rather than making statements that are not accurate.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You are mistaken as to what you are purchasing and who the intended market is that Dahua caters to...

Most of us here know that the Dahua and Hikvisions of the world do not cater to the "consumer" market - their target audience is professional installers, so we are considered "prosumer" and we are fortunate to get our hands on these types of cameras and NVRs instead of consumer grade junk and not having to go thru professional installers to get quality gear. Now the downside is we get them at a discount and without manuals and support and thus are on our own to figure it out. And we are just fine with that!

We are fortunate a forum like this exists to help with that. We do not exist in their world and that is their business model and they made the business decision to not compete with the Rings and Nests and Reolinks of the world and as such to do offer these cameras at box stores for consumers to purchase directly. Dahua and Hik cater to the professional installers...and would tell you to contact the vendor you got them from if you have questions or need support...

Contrast that with consumer grade units. You can call a Night Owl or Arlo or Reolink or Lorex or Amcrest or DLink or Google Nest or Ring and speak to a representative (now whether they can help you or not is another story) and for most novice callers they provide good customer service, but they will not tell you to talk to Best Buy where you purchased it...and several of these cost the same or more as Dahua or Hikvision...

Personally I will take better quality cameras and no support and forums like this than crap cameras with customer support that I end up knowing more than the call center person I am calling...

So if you want customer support, then don't buy as you call it "Dahua is just junk" and go run to a big box store and purchase you a set of Arlos and get customer support and an app that works on Apple products...

supaflygy

n3wb
Reaction score
Dahua is made and marketed to professional installers. Any obtained from AliExpress or anywhere else are not given any direct support by Dahua. The same is true of Hikvision. On the other hand, you are getting access to semi-professional and professional grade equipment at reasonable prices. If you're having a problem maybe ask here rather than making statements that are not accurate.
Hey buddy, I AM A PROFESSIONAL LICENSED SECURITY TECHNICIAN. I buy from licensed resellers. Dahua GIVE NO support. unlike you i don't shop at aliexpress. So if you have nothing to answer to a technical question keep your fucking smart comments to yourself.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Fuck off you shit head. If you are a professional installer of Dahua equipment, not working out of your trunk, you'd have the training and access. Peddle you story to someone who gives a shit.

Last edited:

supaflygy

n3wb
Reaction score
Fuck off youshithead. If you are a professional installer of Dahua equipment, not working out of your trunk, you'd have the training and access. Peddle you story to someone who gives a shit.
typical NewJersey trash, the toxic waste dump is strong in your genes

supaflygy

n3wb
Reaction score
You are mistaken as to what you are purchasing and who the intended market is that Dahua caters to...

Most of us here know that the Dahua and Hikvisions of the world do not cater to the "consumer" market - their target audience is professional installers, so we are considered "prosumer" and we are fortunate to get our hands on these types of cameras and NVRs instead of consumer grade junk and not having to go thru professional installers to get quality gear. Now the downside is we get them at a discount and without manuals and support and thus are on our own to figure it out. And we are just fine with that!

We are fortunate a forum like this exists to help with that. We do not exist in their world and that is their business model and they made the business decision to not compete with the Rings and Nests and Reolinks of the world and as such to do offer these cameras at box stores for consumers to purchase directly. Dahua and Hik cater to the professional installers...and would tell you to contact the vendor you got them from if you have questions or need support...

Contrast that with consumer grade units. You can call a Night Owl or Arlo or Reolink or Lorex or Amcrest or DLink or Google Nest or Ring and speak to a representative (now whether they can help you or not is another story) and for most novice callers they provide good customer service, but they will not tell you to talk to Best Buy where you purchased it...and several of these cost the same or more as Dahua or Hikvision...

Personally I will take better quality cameras and no support and forums like this than crap cameras with customer support that I end up knowing more than the call center person I am calling...

So if you want customer support, then don't buy as you call it "Dahua is just junk" and go run to a big box store and purchase you a set of Arlos and get customer support and an app that works on Apple products...
you may think Dahua & Hikvision are not mum & dad consumer product, but that is who they are aimed at. You won't see professional outlets 'sell' these to professional clients. They are cheap, $10 a megapixel cameras are not going to be run on Milestone in suburban homes. The consumer brands you list don't even get a look at in the work i do. I wouldn't get out of bed for those conversations. Dahua have NO tech Support, they don't care once they have sold their gear HIK do have some back up but it is limited. I really dont care what your opinion of these cameras is, i have asked a technical question , wanting to see if anyone has the brains to think outside the box to find a solution that is growing as an issue as more and more people find that Smart PSS does not work on Mac OS.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
As many of us know, Dahua is just junk from China where support for the end user is just non existent. As we are all finding out that if you use a Mac computer SmartPSS DOES NOT WORK with recent OS upgrades. So i'm trying to find a solution to being able to utilise a desktop Mac computer and view your cameras. Uniview desktop software EZViewer will run on Mac OS Catalina & Big Sur, you can see the NVR and the cameras but they dont 'connect' in the software and are not viewable. So just throwing this out there for the tech gurus who might be able to find a workable solution. As you can see from my picture. My NVR & a couple of non Dahua cameras are visible in the interface.
You are not an installer you are a trunk slammer or more likely a home user that is not happy because they use Mac OS. Why don't you tell us in your great expertise what camera manufacturers work flawlessly with Mac OS and what cameras you install on your many many professional installations.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Then why are you bothering to install them then?

In fact, we have a great reseller here who takes our input to Dahua and many people here have had Dahua engineers log into their system to troubleshoot and make their product better. Sorry you aren't that special and don't get support from the reseller you purchase from...

And now that you have identified as someone looking for solution that you can then SELL to people out of your trunk, I doubt you will be getting any support from this forum...

This forum was created to prevent people from getting screwed over by "professional installers" like you who are screwing unsuspecting clients over...

Don't worry, after the warm welcome you have made here, I see you being banned soon...

supaflygy

n3wb
Reaction score
You are not an installer you are a trunk slammer or more likely a home user that is not happy because they use Mac OS. Why don't you tell us in your great expertise what camera manufacturers work flawlessly with Mac OS and what cameras you install on your many many professional installations.
GO SUCK DICK TRUNK CUNT

supaflygy

n3wb
Reaction score
Then why are you bothering to install them then?

In fact, we have a great reseller here who takes our input to Dahua and many people here have had Dahua engineers log into their system to troubleshoot and make their product better. Sorry you aren't that special and don't get support from the reseller you purchase from...

And now that you have identified as someone looking for solution that you can then SELL to people out of your trunk, I doubt you will be getting any support from this forum...

This forum was created to prevent people from getting screwed over by "professional installers" like you who are screwing unsuspecting clients over...

Don't worry, after the warm welcome you have made here, I see you being banned soon...
C"MON BAN ME. IT"LL be a badge of honour to not have to deal with Nest & Arlo fan girls like you

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
C"MON BAN ME. IT"LL be a badge of honour to not have to deal with Nest & Arlo fan girls like you
soon, soon. I dont take orders from trunk slammers. Let me show others your post report you sent to me when you had your feelings hurt. Trashing my forum as soon as you get here....nice..

Attachments

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The OP claiming to be a "pro" is by his own admission in the attached pic running a hik ds2cd3132f which is a CHINA REGION HACKED CAMERA. He lied and claims he buys from authorized sellers. The x2 camera is a rebraded hik from a random supplier...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We all knew he was lying from his first sentence LOL. If he were really a professional he would know what we said were true!

And he reported our posts that were not derogatory or hateful in any form, but rather pointed out his misunderstanding...And now we find out he purchased hacked cams from a reseller, no wonder he gets no support!

If he is selling like he claims, I bet he royally marks up the hacked cams for a nice profit.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I suspect he bought the hacked cams and tried to update the firmware and bricked them and Dahua told him sorry for your luck LOL, so now he calls them China junk:lmao:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I could sense he was phishing for a fight with his opening Monologue. He never wanted any help. He's probably someone who has been banned before or something.
Troll. It is a Nice Forum you run here. I'd still be buying crap off Amazon for a DVR......:)

Reaction score
The OP claiming to be a "pro" is by his own admission in the attached pic running a hik ds2cd3132f which is a CHINA REGION HACKED CAMERA. He lied and claims he buys from authorized sellers. The x2 camera is a rebraded hik from a random supplier...
If he had really been looking for a solution rather than a fight, it is already out there ... SecuritySpy. It's not cheap, but it works very well. I run 20 Dahua and Amcrest cameras on a modern iMac recording continuously on 12 TB of drives in a Thunderbolt enclosure, and it barely budges the CPU. Dump the NVR entirely and do it right.

But of course, a true professional installer would know that. :)