Main stream triggers too late after alert

poohbear

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a 4K camera configured for continuous+alert recording and set to to trigger on AI alerts. The pre-record trigger time is set to 12 seconds. Seems to work as expected, but when I view the clips, the first few seconds of the footage is always in low-resolution (substream) before the main high-res stream kicks in.

What can I do to improve this? Obviously it will take the AI a few seconds to fire an alert, but I figured the 12 sec pre-record should be plenty of time to have enough footage from the main stream to prevent this from happening. Am I missing something?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Make sure in the camera GUI that your FPS and iframes are the same.

In BI camera status it will show as KEY and that needs to be 1.00. If it is less than 1.00 then these issues can happen, as well as motion being missed or triggering late.

Plus, you should consider continuous+ triggers as that can help in some situations as well.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep that means that the iframes is double the FPS and that can result in up to a 2 second delay depending on when the trigger happened.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a 4K camera configured for continuous+alert recording and set to to trigger on AI alerts. The pre-record trigger time is set to 12 seconds. Seems to work as expected, but when I view the clips, the first few seconds of the footage is always in low-resolution (substream) before the main high-res stream kicks in.

What can I do to improve this? Obviously it will take the AI a few seconds to fire an alert, but I figured the 12 sec pre-record should be plenty of time to have enough footage from the main stream to prevent this from happening. Am I missing something?
As noted you should be using continuous+trigger. Otherwise you are waiting for an alert to be confirmed by ai and you wont have a high res image in the event of an ai failure or missed detection.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
As noted you should be using continuous+trigger. Otherwise you are waiting for an alert to be confirmed by ai and you wont have a high res image in the event of an ai failure or missed detection.
It should read continuous + trigger. I fixed it.