Main/Substream and poor alert image quality

VLITKOWSKI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

i'm running main and substream for all my cameras, but the problem is that alert image when triggered are low res (SD Quality).
Is it possible to have HD quality for alert images with such configuration ?

ajwitt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Version 5.3.3 and newer added that option.

VLITKOWSKI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've the latest version.
Where's the option to get image alert in HD ?

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
The only option that vaguely looks like what you may be after is within each Camera, look in the Trigger tab, then in the drop down list for the option Add to alerts list, there's an option Hi-res JPEG files.

bethzur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've selected Hi-Res JPEG for all cameras. None are sending the full image. It worked before I added sub streams to make DeepStack work quicker. I get postage-stamp sized images via email.

bethzur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, I have done that for all cameras when I set up the sub stream. It sends low-res images via email regardless.

bethzur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've been there. Yes, I have mine set to scale 100% and I still get small images. I'm attaching 3 images, however.

bethzur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just to be clear... if you open the On Alert dialog, and run those actions (lightening bolt) - or disable all but sending email, do you get an email attachment for that test that's low res? That the On Alert action is not adhering to the settings? Is that what's happening?
Correct. Low-res. Here is the screenshot.

Attachments

spammenotinoz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've selected Hi-Res JPEG for all cameras. None are sending the full image. It worked before I added sub streams to make DeepStack work quicker. I get postage-stamp sized images via email.
I noticed the same Alert-Videos come from MainStream, but Alert-Images come from Sub-Stream. (as it uses the sub-stream for DeepStack unless you select "use mainstream" under Triggers - AI.

bethzur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Interesting. The files in the alerts folder appear to be full-size, but they are excessively pixelated. But the dimensions are still much larger than what's being emailed.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Same for me, I would like hi-res alert images but get lo-res instead.

Last edited:

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Do you have Hi-Res JPEG selected on the trigger tab? See page 72 from BI Help File: Alert Images (Trigger Tab)
Yes, it gets a hi-res mbut not of the trigger image. For example, when a car drives by the mailbox, I get a lo-res image that captures the vehicle and 3 hi-res images with no vehicle.

bethzur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After a few back-and-forth replies to the BI folks, they claim this issue will be fixed.

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Was this ever fixed? I seem to have one camera sending lo-res blurry alert images to AI plate recognizer and one camera that sends hi-res that are much more clear.

maxymo

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same problem, the only way I got around was to set in the sub stream to the main stream which is not ideal, with one one camera my CPU goes up to 20%. When will this be fixed?

liuping

n3wb
Reaction score
This is still a problem for me. Has anyone found a workaround, besides using high definition for motion detection?

kferrero

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Same problem, unless I check "use main stream if available" on AI settings, alert images being sent on my alert actions are low-res