Make DS-2CD2032-I available to the public

Reaction score
Hi,

Please excuse me for asking this question as it must have been asked a 1000 times. I did search this forum but could not find the answer I am looking for...

I did manage to open the port on my router and access my camera(s) from the outside. However I still need to enter the username and password to see the image.
How do I create a public access to my camera so I am post it on my website?

I have tried:
Advanced Configuration > Network > NAT > "Enable Port Mapping" > Auto
Added the HTTP port to the port forwarding on my router (just like I have done for other devices and they work..)
I also tried the same with a manually configured port to no avail..

Thanks,

Rogier

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I looked at the website and its content but its beyond what I need in the first place.

First step is to see the video stream from my camera on my LAN without having to enter a username and password. Or making the control pannel available..
Simple video stream of the image...

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Have you gone to Advance Configuration/Security/Anonymous visit and clicked "enable"? That should allow public viewing without name and password.

Alternatively, you can use your current name/password account (or make a new one for public) and include the name and password in the link. Example:
Code:
rtsp://user:password@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:554/Streaming/Channels/1?
(where "user" is the username, "password" is the password, the X's are the IP address, 554 being the default port for the RTSP stream....But again, this really shouldn't be necessary as enabling the "anonymous visit" should take away the requirement for user/password.

Reaction score
Have you gone to Advance Configuration/Security/Anonymous visit and clicked "enable"? That should allow public viewing without name and password.

Alternatively, you can use your current name/password account (or make a new one for public) and include the name and password in the link. Example:
Code:
rtsp://user:password@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:554/Streaming/Channels/1?
(where "user" is the username, "password" is the password, the X's are the IP address, 554 being the default port for the RTSP stream....But again, this really shouldn't be necessary as enabling the "anonymous visit" should take away the requirement for user/password.

Thanks, I tried that as well.. :sad2:

Reaction score
Thanks for this extensive reply. And for warning me about the negative consequences of making my camera available to the world!

Frankly I should explain more what I want to do.
Capture an image every X seconds to be stored on a local drive. At the end of each day turn it into a time lapse movie.
The software I found to capture the images requires me to enter the URl of the webcam.

Problem is that I am stuck at the beginning. I cant access the camera without the username and password requirements.

I have tried: rtsp://user:password@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:554/Streaming/Channels/? In a couple of variations to no avail.

Reaction score
Ah I have the "Anonymous" enable figured out but it still brings up the page to log inn but this time it has the checkbox "Anonymous" on the bottom. That function works.
Will need to try to open the stream with the "Code" you suggested. First tries have failed dough.

n4gry

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just jumped in but on my Hikvision it is Like this...

rtsp://192.168.11.118:554/Streaming/Channels/1?transportmode=unicast&profile=Profile_1 (ONVIF)

Just a thought... I see now that you are trying to stream to a web page. Forget I chimed in...

you might want to look at this page...

Embedding IP Camera Video into a Web Page

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Thanks for all your support!
I learned a lot from your comments!!!!!

Turns out the Application I wanted to use doesn't support RTSP.
I am now testing "Security Spy" from Bensoftware witch has a image capture and time lapse option. So far its working great.
My current software is Sighthound witch is good but doesn't offer any image capture or time lapse feature.

I am glad I found this forum and will keep reading it.

Smiles across the wires,

Rogier

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Why not have the camera automatically ftp an image on a set schedule, like once every 2 minutes? Seems like a much easier solution than trying to pull snapshots. You can use a NAS that has FTP and most do or just run an FTP server like Filezilla Server on your Windows PC and have it write to a directory.