Man With Mask / RFID Cloning?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Seen a number of videos on that in the uk

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure what this guy was up to, possible RFID cloning?
A thief or thieves were scanning key fobs in hospital parking lot where my wife was an RN about 5 years ago before she retired. They hit a command in the process and the sunroof and all 4 windows rolled down in her 2012 Fusion...it was raining cats and dogs and a co-worker told her. It got about an hour's worth of downpour: 2 inches of water standing in the floorboards and on the leather seats..

Had to have all the seats covers and carpets pulled and hung out in a shop for several days to dry out and anti-microbial applied. Both side airbag in the front seats had to be replaced. To this day the car is still OK and never had any issues like mildew, funky smell or fogged up windows, etc.

After the interior work I took it to a Ford dealership and with a laptop a tech disabled the feature that would allow the driver to press and hold the door open button on the fob to open the sunroof and all 4 windows. :cool:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
It's hard to tell. I understand it's a dedicated scanning device. I wasn't aware it cna be done on a mobile phone, although I'm not saying it can't. I do think masks should be banned in public though unless under a pandemic direction. If nothing else, anyone untoward would get picked up simply for wearing a mask forcing the majority not to, which then leaves them more vulnerable to CCTV. Nice picture quality btw.

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not sure what this guy was up to, possible RFID cloning? Look at what he does with his cell phone. I think the tow truck might be his friend, he keeps driving up and down the street.

View attachment 194589
Your so paranoid! clearly this guy had just purchased something from Craig's List and he was checking his mobile for directions using his navigation app. The only reason he had his face covered up was to prevent him catching COLD-VID ;) you never know who may have it! The tow truck simply got lost looking for a reclaim :p
No wait, they look as dodgy as f*ck! ha ha! I wonder if you ran the plates through if they are fake not!