Manual: Create console/serial access to Hikvision DS-2CD2032F-I

snikinl

n3wb
Reaction score
Needed hardware:
- Micro Mini. 1.25 4-Pin JST Connector with Wire x 10 sets (arround 6 dollar) - http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Micro-Mini-1-25-4-Pin-JST-Connector-with-Wire-x-10-sets-/111386693168?
- USB To RS232 TTL UART PL2303HX Auto Converter USB to COM Cable Adapter Module (arround 1,5 dollar) - http://www.ebay.com/itm/310676792112
- soldering iron with a little point
Software:
- A serial terminal client like Tera Term or Putty to connect to the serial port

Camera <-> USB serial converter
1. 3.3vdc (not needed) red (near the other connector) <-> red
2. Camera Tx -yellow <-> Rx adapter White
3. Camera Rx black <-> Tx adapter Green
4. Gnd green <-> black

See picture below:

Serial port settings:
baud rate= 115,200
stop bits=1
parity=none
flow control=none

Attachments

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

alaford

n3wb
Reaction score
You are a legend mate. I was searching everywhere for the name of the type of the serial connector on the hikvision camera and now I've found it thanks to you.

Sunilsyed

n3wb
Reaction score
20180702_185619.jpg 20180702_185626.jpg I have USB to TTL converter. how will connect it with hikvision dvr jft interface

Sunilsyed

n3wb
Reaction score
hi last night I fix my dvr with lan cable. but now also same problem. there is no HDD only netHDD. how to set up

_Strannik_

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi!
I have a problem with DS-7204HUHI-F1/N firmware not set up to dvr

Use:
Putty + TFTPD32 + USB->TTL
192.0.0.128 address to PC adapter
also 192.168.1.128
if I use tftp by Hikvision then the firmware is successful, but only if it is less than 32Mb
Any ideas?

Attachments

Last edited:

afddwfadwfadwf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can this method be used to flash English firmware to Chinese cameras with hacked English firmware (G0 platform)?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Can this method be used to flash English firmware to Chinese cameras with hacked English firmware (G0 platform)?
Not as simple as 'flashing English firmware' but with serial console access you 'own' the camera and can trash the 'hacked to English' firmware and convert to English. Needs Linux capabilities though.
As examples I posted a couple of threads on the topic a while back - the search should find them.

_Strannik_

n3wb
Reaction score
This issue for tftpd32 by jouninPointnet ONLY 64bit (i have OS Win10 64 bit) - after changing the client to 32 bit everything works :facepalm:

Reaction score
hi guys i've tried using the serial console but having hard time finding the right commands, this is what im doing
as soon as it boots i press 'ctrl + u'
it stops the boot but cant go any further
on screen it has 'HKVS $' written,
tried a few different commands but keeps going to next line with same 'HKVS $' and thats it
if some one can help that would be much appreciated

Blitz1986

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a DS-2CD2032-I that I bricked. Read these instructions and have the connectors but there is no connection the camera board that I can find. There are setting in the camera configuration for RS232.? Any suggestions?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
there is no connection the camera board that I can find.
On the DS-2CD2032-I the serial console connection is on the underside of the system board.
There are setting in the camera configuration for RS232.
Just to confirm - the serial console is not 'classic RS232' but serial TTL, different signal levels.
So you need a serial TTL to USB convertor to connect to it.

I have a DS-2CD2032-I that I bricked.
How was the camera bricked?
You should be able to unbrick using the brickfixV2 tool here :
Unbrick and fully upgrade your R0 / DS-2CD2x32 IP cameras -
R0 / DS-2CD2x32 BrickfixV2 brick recovery and full upgrade tool - enhanced.

Blitz1986

n3wb
Reaction score
I took the camera apart and there is one connector with several wires and a small that connects to the lens portion and the flat ribbon cable. I will get pictures later. I have the USB to TTL cable just don't see the Micro Mini. 1.25 4-Pin JST Connector as shown above on the camera. I'm new to cameras but familiar with computer repair. I've tried the Brickfix and a bunch of other instructions to unbrick. The camera responds to ping and shows up activated and online with IP but doesn't respond to the many tftp servers/firmware revisions I've tried. See pic's. I got 3 of them cheap and using two of them but without due diligence I tried to upgrade the firmware on this one and it reverted back to 4.0.8.
Thanks for any help I can get.

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The camera responds to ping and shows up activated and online with IP but doesn't respond to the many tftp servers/firmware revisions I've tried.
I've tried the Brickfix and a bunch of other instructions to unbrick.
You have the wrong PC IP address for the Hikvision tftp updater.
The PC IP address needs to be set to 192.0.0.128 not 192.168.1.128
The camera on startup probes for the tftp updater tool on 192.0.0.128

I took the camera apart and there is one connector with several wires and a small that connects to the lens portion and the flat ribbon cable.
That will be the IR LED power and the light sensor, and the ribbon to the image sensor.
The 4-pin 1.5mm serial console connector is on the underside of the system board on the 2032.

Blitz1986

n3wb
Reaction score
You have the wrong PC IP address for the Hikvision tftp updater.
The PC IP address needs to be set to 192.0.0.128 not 192.168.1.128
The camera on startup probes for the tftp updater tool on 192.0.0.128
I will try that but it won't be on the subnet as the camera. Notice the camera is on 192.168.1.64 and I'm unable to change it.

That will be the IR LED power and the light sensor, and the ribbon to the image sensor.
The 4-pin 1.5mm serial console connector is on the underside of the system board on the 2032.
I will look again tonight and take pictures.

Thanks again!