Mass adding cameras?

beerme

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm looking for a way to mass add cameras. I have multiple systems that will have more than 50 cameras added and would prefer not do so by hand. I've tried exporting a cameras registry config and then scripting the generation of new ones, but blue iris crashes each time I add one this way. Is there a way of accomplishing this?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a way to mass add cameras. I have multiple systems that will have more than 50 cameras added and would prefer not do so by hand. I've tried exporting a cameras registry config and then scripting the generation of new ones, but blue iris crashes each time I add one this way. Is there a way of accomplishing this?
You can export and import the entire configuration... hopefully you know what you are doing...if the cams are hd that's a huge load for blue Iris

beerme

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. I do understand that I can import export the configuration. What is like to do is programmatically generate the configuration. Rather than adding all 50 cameras by hand. I have the list of IPs for them and since they are sequential, have the configuration but to just import. I do a similar task in zone minder, but it's easier since I can just run MySQL commands for it.

I understand that it is a huge load, but these are large servers handling it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. I do understand that I can import export the configuration. What is like to do is programmatically generate the configuration. Rather than adding all 50 cameras by hand. I have the list of IPs for them and since they are sequential, have the configuration but to just import. I do a similar task in zone minder, but it's easier since I can just run MySQL commands for it.

I understand that it is a huge load, but these are large servers handling it.
You will manually gave to import...will take exactly 10 seconds per camera....just change the IP...you can then export the 50 cams to the other servers... I urge you to post the server and camera info so folks can point you in the right direction...

beerme

n3wb
Reaction score
Servers are dual Intel-Xeon-Processor-E5-2670-v2-25M-Cache-2_50-GHz with 128gb of RAM. Camera are hnc303-wdc. Capturing 4k bitrate at 15fps.

I'll give it a go on manually importing. It's just that it's different cameras on each server. Too much manual work IMHO.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Servers are dual Intel-Xeon-Processor-E5-2670-v2-25M-Cache-2_50-GHz with 128gb of RAM. Camera are hnc303-wdc. Capturing 4k bitrate at 15fps.

I'll give it a go on manually importing. It's just that it's different cameras on each server. Too much manual work IMHO.
That may be sufficient to run 150MP....you can always drop down to 1080p...note that you might be better off running another software package with that many cams...you would be able to use a much less powerful system and save tons of money on power consumption easily paying for the licenses...
also note that those mini-domes-hikvision oem, are terrible in low light conditions...

beerme

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. It's a long story, but this is only a temporary solution. It's to replace the existing NVR, until a real solution can be purchased. The cameras were already in place from the previous purchase.