Max rate not saving

dreniarb

n3wb
Reaction score
I can change the Max Rate on my cameras (going from 30 to 10) but if I restart Blue Iris the setting resets back to 30.

Anyone else experience this problem and been able to fix it?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I can change the Max Rate on my cameras (going from 30 to 10) but if I restart Blue Iris the setting resets back to 30.

Anyone else experience this problem and been able to fix it?
Welcome to the forum. You must set the camera fps in the camera. Blue iris simply adjusts to what its receiving.

dreniarb

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. This makes sense.

So I dug deeper and found the setting I need. Under the Record tab I adjusted the "Alt/timelapse framerate" setting to 10. Now it seems to be recording at 10fps. Hoping this saves some hard drive space.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. This makes sense.

So I dug deeper and found the setting I need. Under the Record tab I adjusted the "Alt/timelapse framerate" setting to 10. Now it seems to be recording at 10fps. Hoping this saves some hard drive space.
You are doing it incorrectly. Blue iris is now wasting processing power tossing frames. As explained in the help file and in release notes - FPS should be adjusted in the camera. Also keep in mind that fps has no bearing on storage. Its ONLY dependent on BITRATE.

dreniarb

n3wb
Reaction score
interesting. cpu processing i'm not concerned with as we have quite a bit to spare. but storage space is an issue.

i can't adjust the framerate on the cameras because other people want a 30 fps live view. however for reviewing/long term storage purposes 10 fps is sufficient. i would have thought with it storing fewer frames per second it would therefore not use as much space. this isn't the case though?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
interesting. cpu processing i'm not concerned with as we have quite a bit to spare. but storage space is an issue.

i can't adjust the framerate on the cameras because other people want a 30 fps live view. however for reviewing/long term storage purposes 10 fps is sufficient. i would have thought with it storing fewer frames per second it would therefore not use as much space. this isn't the case though?
It will depend on how blue iris process it...test it...why someone would need 30fps is beyond me...