May day, Mayday! My Blue Iris stops working.

Chim Vang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My BI has been working well for me the last many months. After a series of updates, almost every day, it stops working.
I tried different things e.i. exit, add, delete camera...all the menus are frozen or do not respond. The cameras (3) are working fine with CamHi Pro on my iPhone.
Please help!.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My BI has been working well for me the last many months. After a series of updates, almost every day, it stops working.
I tried different things e.i. exit, add, delete camera...all the menus are frozen or do not respond. The cameras (3) are working fine with CamHi Pro on my iPhone.
Please help!.
With all the detail you have provided I am sure someone will help you. When you go to the an auto repair shop do you simply tell them your car is not working?

gregbert

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
With all the detail you have provided I am sure someone will help you. When you go to the an auto repair shop do you simply tell them your car is not working?
But it must be really IMPORTANT!!! Didn't you see the MAYDAYS?!?! Everyone drop what you're doing and start doing...something??

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Thank you all, just forget this post, I do the same.
You could be revolutionary and provide more details? From your original post it looks like your Pc is hanging in which either perform a reset or do a reinstall of the OS, then reinstall BI and configure (or import settings if you saved them) and see how you get in?

Chim Vang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You could be revolutionary and provide more details? From your original post it looks like your Pc is hanging in which either perform a reset or do a reinstall of the OS, then reinstall BI and configure (or import settings if you saved them) and see how you get in?
Thank you, kindly.
I optimized my PC, dedicated for Blue Iris only, no change.
I want to re-install B.I. but forget the key code, sounds strange for a 76 years old. eh?
I also forget how to get it back. if you could show me. please.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Act like you are sending an email to support using the link in BI and your key code will show up in the email - then remember not to hit send LOL.

Chim Vang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Act like you are sending an email to support using the link in BI and your key code will show up in the email - then remember not to hit send LOL.
I uninstalled and reinstalled the software, it did not even ask for the code, problem solved.

Chim Vang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Why do you have to do that? I’ve never had to do that with any update.
I believe if I re-install BI on the same computer I don't need to re-enter the key code. But if I want to re-install it on another computer (after deleting it on the old/bad PC) I need to remember or get it on the store account. Please correct if I am wrong.