MD With Shadows

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a Front door cam using LTS CMIP3042W-28 4.1mp camera and the issue im having is I set BI to send me an alert to my wife's and I's cell phone the motion detection is going off constantly when windy. Ive changed some settings in BI but still cant get it right.

The cam is set to 15fps. as you can see in the picture below when it is widny outside the shadows casted by the bushes trigger the motion detection What do you guys recommend I do?

Thanks !

settings.jpgFrontDoor.20151125_112601.jpg

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a Front door cam using LTS CMIP3042W-28 4.1mp camera and the issue im having is I set BI to send me an alert to my wife's and I's cell phone the motion detection is going off constantly when windy. Ive changed some settings in BI but still cant get it right.

The cam is set to 15fps. as you can see in the picture below when it is widny outside the shadows casted by the bushes trigger the motion detection What do you guys recommend I do?

Thanks !
Given your current settings, which by the way are way off to get a decent motion detection, I'm almost certain you have setup a Hot Spot. This hot spot will trigger the camera when any changes occur within the area (in your case more than likely the shadows). Try removing the hotspot, and adjust the sensitivity to a higher threshold (300-600?) with a make time of .6, .7, or so. See if that helps.

Reaction score
Hot spot has been disabled and I setup the settings as you stated and now im getting less false detections but also missing some movement aswell.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hot spot has been disabled and I setup the settings as you stated and now im getting less false detections but also missing some movement aswell.
Understand that pixel based motion detection can never be perfect...it can come close with the proper tweaking...the solution is to setup cloned camera in blue iris (hide the clone so you dont get doubles on the screen)...set the original cameras to record only and set the threshold low so you never miss events. For the cloned cameras, disable recording and only set alerts..set the threshold higher so you eliminate false alerts.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There is another alternative which hasn't been mentioned because it isn't very attractive: trim or remove the offending bush or tree. smiley6.gif

Attachments