MetaNVR64

Reaction score
We installed a Meta nvr with 3, 6TB HDD and 55 Amcrest cameras and shortly after the install about 2 week it started slowing down and the client could not even review playback. So we split the camera's onto another NVR and took 25 off the main system, Its better but still maxes the CPU more then I would like. Now the second system has been in for about 3 months and it is starting to act up. I found 9 cameras that the Motion had been disabled and the motion area was blank. I have set all frame rates to 10 and the bit rates are at 2048. all but 2 cameras are IP5M-T1179EW-28mm, the other two are IP5M-T1273EW-AI . I did try to do the firmware update but no luck on either camera.

I'm at a lose, Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Do you have a link to specs for that NVR? Not familiar with it and initial Google Fu failed...?

Those are all 5MP Amcrest cameras, 55 of them
Yes they are but most of them are set at 1080P and frame rates are at 7 on most. as far as the system goes it's module is METANVR64 it's the newest of the OEM dahua systems for department stores. our tech support does not know enough about the Amcrest cameras and just blames it on them. I tried to upgrade them but there firmware is to new and everyone said you can't roll them back.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
When you say slowing down, how are you viewing the cameras? Via hdmi direct from the NVR or over the network to a pc station using software line DSS or SmartPSS?

sure it’s the NVR acting bad or a network bottleneck?

Reaction score
We are using HDMI but it doesn't seem to matter what your viewing playback in there is a lot of pausing and I have lowered the frame rates as low as I dare and the bite rates below 2048. Now all of a sudden I have cameras the just turn off the motion detection and on one has the rights to other then me and no one has logged into the system.

Reaction score
I have check the network for loopback, changed the switches to gigabit poe, divided the cameras into tow different systems and still having problems.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I think the problem is simply decoding capability. The NVR can’t decode that many (55) streams at once. There is a limit but without the spec sheet I don’t know what it is.

Are you viewing the substreams? If not that’s probably the issue. I’m guessing recording is fine, but you’re max out on decoding.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The second System I installed on this site to be able to divided the cameras up is a NVR304L-32-4KS2/I. its doing the same things, it worked great for a month and started not recording on some channels Live view was great Playback pausing and jumping.
Cameras are Amcrest IP5M-T1179EW-28mm There are 25 Cameras on this system

Reaction score
I think the problem is simply decoding capability. The NVR can’t decode that many (54) streams at once. There is a limit but without the spec sheet I don’t know what it is.

Are you viewing the substreams? If not that’s probably the issue. I’m guessing recording is fine, but you’re max out on decoding.
Im trying to get the specs on this system but not even our supplier has it on there website.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
hmmmm Live view OK but Playback jumpy... have you downloaded/exported a clip to see what the recorded footage actually looks like?

If Live view is OK, and the exported clip is OK ...

NVR304L-32-4KS2/I.
Max. decoding capability: 10 × 1080p@30 fps. Supports adaptive decoding

Reaction score
hmmmm Live view OK but Playback jumpy... have you downloaded/exported a clip to see what the recorded footage actually looks like?

If Live view is OK, and the exported clip is OK ...

NVR304L-32-4KS2/I.
Max. decoding capability: 10 × 1080p@30 fps. Supports adaptive decoding
But this would not cause the system to just turn off the motion detection on different cameras would it?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I cant imagine it would and havent see that, unless youre using SmartMD which is actually AI then yeah mebbe

Reaction score
SmartPSS Would not let me and neither would the webUI I had to go on site to be able to turn it back on. and today I had another system do the something but it was only 4 cameras.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
So Live view good, Exported clip (recording) OK

Sounds like Decoding limit. And if its maxxing that out over time, it maybe draining the power of the unit and all sorts of things start happening