MetaNVR64

Reaction score
Now we did have another32 camera system I replaced and had 5 Amcrest cameras on it. It would lock up stop working I would reboot it and it would be fine for half the day then it would be back to freezing up. I replaced those Amcrest cameras and all is right with it. Knock on wood.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not familiar with those particular Amcrest cams, I have a small indoor 2MP PTZ that plays fine with with my Dahua gear but I guess you cant rule those 5MP out? You wouldnt think theyd be a problem...? Check you're not running H.265, Smart/AI Codec or that ROI isnt turned on by default on them...?

Reaction score
So Live view good, Exported clip (recording) OK

Sounds like Decoding limit. And if its maxxing that out over time, it maybe draining the power of the unit and all sorts of things start happening
But were not doing any of the good things this system is supposed to be able to do. I think we have 9 cameras set to 5MP at 10fps. Bit stream is at 1792 StreamCtrl VBR on all cameras

Reaction score
We use these cameras on the 16 channel and smaller systems and they work no problem.

The encode is H265 but we did try H264 and it did the same thing. Even set the cameras to ONVIF that still didn't help.

Im just hopping someone that has been through this can send some light my way. LOL

Reaction score
Yes they are but most of them are set at 1080P and frame rates are at 7 on most. as far as the system goes it's module is METANVR64 it's the newest of the OEM dahua systems for department stores. our tech support does not know enough about the Amcrest cameras and just blames it on them. I tried to upgrade them but there firmware is to new and everyone said you can't roll them back.

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah your Encoding (recording). and incoming bandwidth seems ok now that you split them.
And your exported recordings are OK
(though if you were to run 25 5MP cams at full horsepower bitrate and AI, I think you'd max the incoming bandwidth - Bandwidth 320 Mbps (160 Mbps when AI function enabled)

Decoding/playback seems to be the problem

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not a networking guru, but based on the above I cant imagine it has anything to do with the switches

Reaction score
The thing with both of those is that while they can theoretically handle more channels, the caps on incoming bandwidth, Encoding, and Decoding arent much different than my 5216-16P=4KS2
NVR5216/5232-16P-4KS2E
Yeah it's sad to say but they don't up the prossers un less you request it and they don't tell you about it either