Mic options for Turrent and Bullet cameras?

ralphmouth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes I did, same results but I am going to local hobby store today and see what they have available for experimental purposes. I know that Iphones the mic is on sleeve 4 position. My thing is when you pay 300 USD for a camera, it should work and as you had said before (and it is in the spec sheet) "1 input (line in, 3.5mm), 1 output (3.5 mm), mono sound"
I have tried three of these IZS series and they are all the same and I get no help from their support. I don't believe we should have to use a manufactured patch cord especially when the majority of these cameras will be outside.

ralphmouth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What I have found out so far is that the pcb plug is indeed stereo with the sleeve being the common between audio in/out ports. However, when one using a mono speaker with the tip as the microphone, then it will not work as the tip is not connected to anything. So one must use the right channel on a TRS jack for this to work. (tip/ring/sleeve). If you have a stereo speaker, it will work as advertised but a waste of money because it only broadcast as mono. I had purchased outdoor mono speakers for this purpose and of course 3.5mm mono cable to go with this setup.

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This thread is also about the microphone set up, if you're doing the speaker then it may be the same (and not follow conventional wiring standards) or not.

KamirZG

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was planning on installing Bullet/Turret cameras outside - since these are the recommended ones for exterior walls, however, no hikvision Easy IP 3.0 bullet/turret camera has audio interface to connect a mic. I find it really odd that only Domes have the audio/alarm interface. Is there a workaround for Bullet/Turret cameras?
Don't know if I am wrong but here is Easy IP buller camera with audio. DS-2CD2625FWD-IZS|Pro Series(EasyIP)|Hikvision

ralphmouth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just included speaker as this unit indeed one unit, speaker/mic combo with same connection type and powered by the same 12Vdc. Didn't mean to step on or add another subject.

This thread is also about the microphone set up, if you're doing the speaker then it may be the same (and not follow conventional wiring standards) or not.