Migrating B.I. from XP to WIN 10 machine

Karl in NY

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm still running an old version of B.I., 2.41.04, but it suits my needs for now as my 8 IP cams are pretty "legacy" models.

When I attempt to install on WIN 10 machine, will I need to use XP compatibility mode?
My intent is not to run it on 2 desktops at once, and it will be deleted from the XP machine.

Also, can I migrate all my cam configurations? I have explored all files under programs/Blue Iris, and none appear to be cam configuration files, and none appear to have cam info...the folder named "cameras" has a sub-folder for each of my named cameras, yet each is empty. Where is the configuration data hidden, if not in the most obvious place? In the Cloud?

Re-configuring 8 IP cameras will be a lengthy process which I want to avoid.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
do yourself a favor and upgrade to version 4..its only 30 dollars for the upgrade. you will likely not be able to get version 2 to run on windows 10...

Karl in NY

n3wb
Reaction score
do yourself a favor and upgrade to version 4..its only 30 dollars for the upgrade. you will likely not be able to get version 2 to run on windows 10...
If I do that, can I migrate all the camera configurations, and if so, how?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If I do that, can I migrate all the camera configurations, and if so, how?
If you can get it to install on 10 then maybe...with v3, if you installed v4 it would automatically pull the settings...not sure if it will work with v2...I would email support as you have to do that anyway to get an upgrade discount code..

Karl in NY

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, I contacted BI sales, and was given a new valid discount code.

I have exported all camera configuration files from ver. 2.41.04 to a flash-drive, in xxx.reg format...will ver.4 be able to import those?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, I contacted BI sales, and was given a new valid discount code.

I have exported all camera configuration files from ver. 2.41.04 to a flash-drive, in xxx.reg format...will ver.4 be able to import those?
I dont think so...that is why I indicated you should ask support...there are enough changes between the versions to warrant setting everything up fresh.