Mini PTZ: brick after firmware wrong

korakora

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@alastairstevenson thank you for correcting sorry I do not remember correctly, and makes the wrong instruction

please help my huisun ip camera brick...
hi Muhammet, how you brick your camera, did you update your ipcam with wrong firmware also? we not allready have a solution at this time, but if you want to try you can try to recovery like alastairstevenson mention before (using tftp)

Last edited by a moderator:

Oleglevsha

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
нужно обновить камеру по tftp используя оригинальную китайскую прошивку именно для этой камеры.
обычная прошивка для 2хх2 не подойдет.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
but if you want to try you can try to recovery like alastairstevenson mention before (using tftp)
Just to be clear - I was querying why this wasn't the recovery method being advised by the Huisin seller, instead of suggesting the main board was now broken.

acvb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
post #40... you've been a member since aug of 2014 and only one post???

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't understand how, in this day and age, the hardware would even allows the wrong type of firmware to be installed. This isn't 1995 for krikey sakes.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I don't understand how, in this day and age, the hardware would even allows the wrong type of firmware to be installed. This isn't 1995 for krikey sakes.

Yeah...

i do not understand why they use ip dome firmware to update ip bullet camera?Customer have asked me how to reset.engineer said that their camera main board is broken.
Monica wen

hunte88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can try to contact the support huisun at this http://www.huisuncctv.com/en/contact.asp. Leave Monica Wen, the only task of Monica is sell and do not care. Strangely she from you always solutions that involve the purchase of additional cameras.
She never takes into account the china post which is much less expensive, the board she can send it to you with that.

The software solution, i believe there is. The engineers are afraid to give you the answer for fear that someone might steal the design and use their software with others.

Edit: try if you see the camera with imporx software.... http://www.imporx.com/Download.aspx

vasycara

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can try to contact the support huisun at this http://www.huisuncctv.com/en/contact.asp. Leave Monica Wen, the only task of Monica is sell and do not care. Strangely she from you always solutions that involve the purchase of additional cameras.
She never takes into account the china post which is much less expensive, the board she can send it to you with that.

The s
oftware solution, i believe there is. The engineers are afraid to give you the answer for fear that someone might steal the design and use their software with others.

Edit: try if you see the camera with imporx software.... http://www.imporx.com/Download.aspx
I tried with software from imporx not appear IP Camera

- - - Updated - - -

I contacted huisun factory, I said my problem, await their response.

vasycara

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If trying the standard Hikvision method, the PC IP address should be 192.0.0.128 for use with the Hikvision-specific tftp server.

As the network protocols are closely following those of Hikvision (which they do publish for 3rd party use) I'd be surprised if the Huisin engineers (who have been mentioned as ex-Hikvision engineers) have not built in a robust recovery facility.
Usually - but not always - a firmware update does not touch the bootloader, which itself has recovery facilities built in.
So it's a bit surprising that the dialogue with Huisin has suggested that the main board is no longer usable just because of a wrong version firmware update.
So @vasycara if you do decide to test if there is any attempted access to the tftp server - are you familiar with how to capture network traffic with something like wireshark?
If so - it may be interesting to see what happens on the network when the camera is powered on.
I tried FTP, here wireshark, the camera does not seem to respond

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried FTP, here wireshark, the camera does not seem to respond
Well, there is a device looking to communicate with whatever is on 192.0.0.128 - several ARP requests - but there is no response from the PC, in the absence of a router configured on that IP segment.
Perhaps the PC firewall is getting in the way and the PC is ignoring the ARP request.

vasycara

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
IP Camera was connected directly to PC without router.
PC firewall was turned off

hunte88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can try with one tester updater firmware for ipcamera, but i saw that the cost i too high. If you know someone who has it you can ask him to try it... The sample of item is this http://www.cctvcamerapros.com/IP-Camera-Test-Monitor-Firmware-s/957.htm

Other step that you can try are take USB-->ethernet or rs232 --> ethernet adapters and one software that recognizes the camera.

vasycara

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, there is a device looking to communicate with whatever is on 192.0.0.128 - several ARP requests - but there is no response from the PC, in the absence of a router configured on that IP segment.
Perhaps the PC firewall is getting in the way and the PC is ignoring the ARP request.
See here:
IP Camera was connected with router.
PC firewall was turned off, router firewalll was turned off.

Attachments

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
No ,IP Camera movement has not (self test) after start,when i plug in power.
Hm, so looks like the firmware completely killed it, otherwise it should do a self test. What about IRs, do they blink when you plug it in?

vasycara

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hm, so looks like the firmware completely killed it, otherwise it should do a self test. What about IRs, do they blink when you plug it in?
About IR , no light when i plug it in camera.
IR was set off when the cameras go.
Consumer shows me 2-3 miliampers.
Everything else is dead.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
See here:
IP Camera was connected with router.
PC firewall was turned off, router firewalll was turned off.
No traffic at all that I could see from the camera, unlike the other captures. No ARP requests from it.
And you've changed the router/AP to 192.0.0.1
Is the PC wired, not WiFi?
Did the capture span a power cycle of the camera?