Mini PTZ camera impressions! 2015 PTZ camera of the year? AVOID THIS CAMERA

james99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So as of this reply the exchange rate to us dollar is $1.54 to british pound. let's see....$1.54 x 199 british pounds = $308. Well, that's a little more than twice the price on aliexpress. Quite a mark up. I just ordered from Monica the other day. $168 delivered (poe).

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you know what version is this? Also is there a release notes?
I just tried this on one of mine. Process was fast and smooth, but at least in my case, it's the same version that's already on the camera.

Out of interest, the upgrade process left the PTZ presets, user and network configs as I had them, but reset the image and audio/video settings to default. I haven't set up motion detection on the camera so I'm not sure if it changes those.

Attachments

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Anyone get it to record to an SD card? I have a 16gb microSD in my camera, it is recognized and was formatted in my Huisun but even with motion detection on 100% sensitivity and telling it to record to SD it doesn't seem to be recording anything on it.
yes i had this issue
i found out to make it work i had to set the action to motion and alarm
it works this way

Oreo10

n3wb
Reaction score
yes i had this issue
i found out to make it work i had to set the action to motion and alarm
it works this way
Tried this and still doesn't seem to be working for me. You set that action under the "record schedule" tab?

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was going to say, check that your scheduling is setup correctly on each and EVERY day. It's probably something simple that's over looked. I did that on my NVR on the intelligent rules recording.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Anyone have pics of this cam mounted on their house? Trying to get an idea of how big it looks mounted.

HotRodDiesels

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Might give you an idea but I wanted mine to be very obvious plus the corner bracket allows me to see down both sides of the building.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ty for the pic. I'm trying to get an idea of how I would mount this to the front off to the side of my garage.

ibuyufo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Might give you an idea but I wanted mine to be very obvious plus the corner bracket allows me to see down both sides of the building.
Where did you get the corner bracket from? Is there something smaller?

fmflex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Generally those on AE are for Dahua cams. Obviously no reason why you couldn't drill your own holes etc and adapt it but some might not want to do that.

Good idea HRD, I might fold some out of gal sheet as I've got access to some folders. I've also got a mate with a CNC sheet metal turret punch although I doubt he'll let me use it just to make 1 bracket.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
@ibuyufo - did you go with POE injector or directly to a NVR with POE integrated? Typically the PTZ's require POE+ thus a POE injector/switch is required. However based on some of the info in a few previous posts it looks like the highest pull is 11watts? When I've used PTZ's in the past (less then a dozen) they have always specifically listed POE+ and I've taken them to a POE switch, however this one leaves me thinking I can go directly to an HIK NVR w/poe.

Last edited by a moderator:

HotRodDiesels

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
One of my mini ptz's went down last night.
Yesterday morning my NVR spontaneously rebooted itself 4 times so I unplugged the ptz's.
It stopped the reboots so I plugged 1 ptz back in after a few hours, the 2nd one in after a few more hours, everything seemed fine.
This morning I noticed 1 was frozen so I went to unplug it & noticed no lights at the NVR.
I can't do any diagnostics as its raining.

ibuyufo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Made it out of aluminum sheet.
Thanks for the info. I don't think I have all the tools I need to bend aluminum sheets to conform to that shape.

I've seen them sold on AE for about 35-40$

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
I actually did a search for those and as mentioned in post above those were meant for the bigger cameras. I think this bracket will look out of place with these smaller bullet cameras.

@ibuyufo - did you go with POE injector or directly to a NVR with POE integrated? Typically the PTZ's require POE+ thus a POE injector/switch is required. However based on some of the info in a few previous posts it looks like the highest pull is 11watts? When I've used PTZ's in the past (less then a dozen) they have always specifically listed POE+ and I've taken them to a POE switch, however this one leaves me thinking I can go directly to an HIK NVR w/poe.
No POE injectors needed. I had a spare cisco catalyst gigabit switch with POE that I plugged into. No issues running 2 cameras on POE. I don't have the NVR with POE yet but I don't see any issue plugging it into the NVR's ports.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Got a surprise from DHL. $26 import duty bill for the two cams I bought. First time I've ever seen or got billed for importing goods.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Got a surprise from DHL. $26 import duty bill for the two cams I bought. First time I've ever seen or got billed for importing goods.
Well, that sucks. I wonder if anyone else has run into those extra charges with DHL? Mine was shipped by DHL also but hasn't arrived yet.

It looks like they're shipping by ePacket now with the lower shipping cost.

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here in Canada, they will no longer release the package without having the duty paid first. Was charged about 15$ in dhl fees, and about 10$ in taxes

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk