• Failed - used for 1-4 months

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Failed - used for over 4 months

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Lets build some data on the failure rate for Mini PTZ. Your honest feedback is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Would also appreciate for those that received a DOA/failing cam upon unboxing comment how warranty is being handled? Return/replace/refund? Customer Service for Huisun, Ali dispute progress? etc.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
So far there are only cases with DOA, at least no one reported failures after using them for a while. With DOA you can at least dispute with Ali

randopolis

n3wb
Reaction score
I received one a week ago and it was no video right out of the box. After some muddling around with Monica about don't change the ip address, blah, blah blah, I decided to take the cover off. What was immediately noticeable was one of the ribbon cables was not even close to being fully seated. I pushed it all the way in and the cam came right up afterward. I say NO WAY the cable came loose during shipping (box had no damage) and also no way this camera was tested before shipping or it would have failed. Sloppy QC, IMO. Whatever, it works well now but no way they get 5 stars.

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I received one a week ago and it was no video right out of the box. After some muddling around with Monica about don't change the ip address, blah, blah blah, I decided to take the cover off. What was immediately noticeable was one of the ribbon cables was not even close to being fully seated. I pushed it all the way in and the cam came right up afterward. I say NO WAY the cable came loose during shipping (box had no damage) and also no way this camera was tested before shipping or it would have failed. Sloppy QC, IMO. Whatever, it works well now but no way they get 5 stars.
This is why I've brought this up in other threads...so long as one doesn't void their warranty opening up any given device, it's worth a shot, and less painful than a warranty process. As a early adopter/beta tester, I sometimes come across widgets that are not fully cooked, insofar as shipping and damage protection. On a first batch of one product, it was DOA, and the manufacturer had me remove the cover, and sure enough a molex connector had popped off. Based on my experience, the manufacturer epoxied all connectors on successive batches.

edit: having seen the wear and tear to my relatively thin box, I can already infer that Huisun should be double boxing these cams before shipping, and likely should epoxy the relevant connectors.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
I would agree with sloppy QC. One of my camera brackets had not been properly drilled out for the screw. It had only a pilot hole. I had to drill it to the proper size myself. I wasn't the only one either, as one of the buyers on Ali had mentioned it in their online feedback.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Saw this in the Huisun's recent feedback, looks like he got back most of what he paid for "defective" item, but I wonder if he purchased the wrong cam. Based on the price $69 it appears he got AHD cam.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2015-New-Model-Hot-Sell-Outdoor-Waterproof-AHD-Pan-Tilt-1-3MP-4X-Zoom-Bullet-Mini/1248007_32475936269.html

CRAP! Sent out a faulty item, made me dance around to try and get a replacement or a refund, eventually I had to go through AliExpresses 'dispute centre' which found PARTIALLY in my favour and I was refunded $60. So, it's cost me $69 + Postage + customs fees, for something that doesn't fucking work. Why the fuck do I bother working to just throw money away? DO NOT BUY THROUGH THESE!!!! And personally, I would NEVER USE AliExpress EVER AGAIN and definitely not recommend them to anyone!

avi6581

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yep..that doesn't add up..a single 69 cam wouldn't have customs fees, so he should only really be out shipping. THAT is what concerns me...its far more expensive to ship back to China a return (like 3X) than to us from there. That is why I'd like to know how the return is handled by Huisun/Ali.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I read that as. He paid $129, but Ali refunded him $60. Hence he's left with dead cam for $69 plus postage etc
You could be right, that would be their base IP model. It sucks then that for faulty cam you get half and no shipping charges refunded. I guess this is the risk we take when shopping at Ali. I do always write in comments on expensive items I buy for sellers to test and verify everything works as expected before shipping. In most cases they reply with positive results. Other cases when I don't put anything in the comment I get either wrong items or not as expected.

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have had mine for over a month. So far so good. It is still running the same firmware that it came with.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't have mine up. It's just too fugly and I don't use the PTZ function on it and just leave it setup.

I do wonder that should we get cold weather here (it's been really mild) whether that might kill the PTZ function on these, as they're not like speed domes.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Whoever voted that yours failed after 1-4 months, Can you please provide any details?

luisma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't want to vote yet I have two of them one installed for about 2 weeks and the other about 3 days I want to give it a little more time before voting unless I am able to vote for a second time and make sure it goes over the 4 months time. I am trying to use the PTZ as much as possible because I think that will be the weakest link on these cameras.
I am pretty amazed at this "price point" the really good day picture, excellent night vision and PTZ all in once packaged. I am waiting for my 3X Zoom to arrive to install the rest of the set up around my house.

randopolis

n3wb
Reaction score
POE failed on mine today (V1). Camera had been restarting by itself on occasion for the past week or so and it totally bit the dust today. Disappointed and will be contacting Huisun when their vacation is over.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
How long did you use it? Did you try different power source? I can tell you that Poe failed within a day on my v2. I resolved it by using active poe injector

randopolis

n3wb
Reaction score
In use for approximately one month. Tried another Cat 6 cable and no go. Works fine with external power brick. Also tried different port on switch. It just sucks!