Mini PTZ repair experience with Jack from Imporx

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't really inspect it before shipping, so it's possible, I offered Jack to cover the cost to repair it.

Eustace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sent my camera back to him and have not heard a thing.. May be a waste of money thinking they would take care of it..

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Sent my camera back to him and have not heard a thing.. May be a waste of money thinking they would take care of it..
Maybe a little more detail. Did you send it with tracking? When did you send it?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
The cams are getting ready to be shipped back. Jack was kind enough to upgrade to DHL shipping even though I offered to cover the extra cost. He also mentioned they are getting prepared to ship these cams from US warehouse, which is definitely a good news. I wonder if return shipping is also will be done to US warehouse. I am assuming it will be something like this where it has "Ships from" option

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cowin-E-7-Noise-Cancelling-Bluetooth-Headphones-with-Microphone-Wireless-Around-Ear-Earphone-for-Phone-Computer/32546307350.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.55.9bVR1Q

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I find nothing else as exciting as loading firmware that bricks my cams, wasting ton of time trying to revive them, dealing with dismounting them, paying through the roof for shipping, driving to post office and hoping for the best... so you got me :)

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I find nothing else as exciting as loading firmware that bricks my cams, wasting ton of time trying to revive them, dealing with dismounting them, paying through the roof for shipping, driving to post office and hoping for the best... so you got me :)
And documenting it all here! :D

lowpro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I wonder if the US address is the same as the one i've noticed on both of the packages that I've received from China.

Ren Dixon
2927 Blue Mist Dr.
Sugar Land, Tx. 77498

Zeddy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Jack has been good with my camera. After a bit of back and forth troubleshooting, he wanted me to send the whole camera back, but I was able to get him to send just the controller PCB. He says it's on the way but the tracking number doesn't show anything yet. Hopefully it'll be there when I get home.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Repair is complete and I have to say Jack went extra mile. He kept me informed throughout the process and total turnaround time for this was about two weeks, he upgraded to DHL shipping to have the cams shipped back to me faster. I did however order a new cam and offered him to ship it all together. One of the cams he repaired was actually from Monica (the first v2 with burned out POE) I believe it was also with a broken cable. Just to refresh everyone memory both of them were bricked by different firmware, first cam was from Jack that was bricked by firmware shared by mondo who got it from Onica, second cam was the first v2 from Monica that was bricked by firmware provided by Jack himself.

I tried to get some more information how they were actually fixed, but he said engineers loaded correct firmware without providing any details. So I guess they want to keep it as their trade secret.

The signature orange tape all over.

All were tightly packaged with plenty of padding around them

All 3 unpacked, as a bonus he included the new POE splitter for each one. Note that model numbers on the new one is different, although all of them look visually identical

I found perfect use for that box for testing the cams, cut couple holes to keep them upright without mounting

The new cam has new model number (YC-110AR) but older firmware from 3/3, the fixed cams have newer firmware the same one that I was trying to load last time which bricked my cams

The only unexpected part about this is that none of the cams work with internal POE, at the very least I expected one of the repaired cams to have internal POE working. Other part is worth noting about these POEs is they would require you to cut the cable to insert the waterproof connector:

Last edited by a moderator:

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Glad to hear they are all working again. Was there a charge for the repair?

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you saying that he took out all the PoE module and shipped you back a splitter to use instead? Those cameras came back as a non-PE models?

Bill

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
So Jack is a great seller to deal with as he went above and beyond on this repair, he did not charge me for anything although I did offer to pay to fix broken cable as well as cover extra shipping cots. He took care of everything and included POE injectors for each cam, so my cost was only the shipping it to him.

None of the cams work with internal POE, I am not sure if they removed internal POE for the single cam I had or they put different internals without POE, but the fact is all 3 cams only work with provided POE injector. Which means any new cam you will order will have this from now on. As we can guess they probably had a large number of POE failures and decided to make it external for easy repair and support.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
So Jack is a great seller to deal with as he went above and beyond on this repair, he did not charge me for anything although I did offer to pay to fix broken cable as well as cover extra shipping cots. He took care of everything and included POE injectors for each cam, so my cost was only the shipping it to him.

None of the cams work with internal POE, I am not sure if they removed internal POE for the single cam I had or they put different internals without POE, but the fact is all 3 cams only work with provided POE injector. Which means any new cam you will order will have this from now on. As we can guess they probably had a large number of POE failures and decided to make it external for easy repair and support.
So it mean future camera from Imporx will require bigger mounting box if you wanted to keep the installation looking clean with only Ethernet cable going in then?

Bill

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So it mean future camera from Imporx will require bigger mounting box if you wanted to keep the installation looking clean with only Ethernet cable going in then?

Bill
Or an ugly gigantic long sticky black gob of Coax-seal!

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Or an ugly gigantic long sticky black gob of Coax-seal!
From the look of the photo, you shouldn't need to seal it and it already weather-resistance and can be mounted next to camera. I prefer to keep it clean as possible meaning to hide in a box and mount the camera on the box.

Maybe it not so bad to mount camera directly to the wall itself and mount the spillter next to the camera. I need to see how it look mounted first with spiltter next to it before passing judgement on the look.

Bill

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
From the look of the photo, you shouldn't need to seal it and it already weather-resistance and can be mounted next to camera. I prefer to keep it clean as possible meaning to hide in a box and mount the camera on the box.

Maybe it not so bad to mount camera directly to the wall itself and mount the spillter next to the camera. I need to see how it look mounted first with spiltter next to it before passing judgement on the look.

Bill
Bill, i'm not too worried about ugly and I tend to obsess and overbuild everything, so I would probably wrap it with Coax-Seal. Lately I've been wrapping with red electrical tape first, and then using Coax-Seal over the electrical tape. This allows me to remove the Coax-Seal and keep the article underneath clean. I use red electrical tape so I can get a good visual cue of the Coax-Seal coverage. Do you have any tips for using Coax-Seal (other than "dont!)? :)

Interpon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well so far my poe+ working, do you suppose if it goes bad the splitter will work? Sucks not to have poe internal..just curious if my internal poe dumps

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Well so far my poe+ working, do you suppose if it goes bad the splitter will work? Sucks not to have poe internal..just curious if my internal poe dumps
Why wouldn't it? I've been using other splitters for a while now. As a matter of fact you don't need POE in any IP camera as you can always get a splitter, it just makes it cleaner when it's built into camera.