Mini PTZ v2: Night time focusing issue!

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Update: 2/6
Discovered the problem related to Video Standard set to 60Hz, leaving default setting 50Hz works fine.

This behavior is the identical in Huisun and Imporx where they are not focusing well using Auto/Semi-Auto settings. If you call preset it will again focus correct and the next second goes out of focus. I tried all the distance settings and it didn't do anything different.

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Unfortunately it's not just night time, day time exhibits the same behavior. I mounted both cams yesterday hence only now noticed this issue.

hunte88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Klasipca, i had a similar problem on one of the four v1 that I purchased. In practice, when I did the maximum zoom on an object to read the writing on it, the autofocus does not work properly and I had to fix it manually. The other 3 ipcamere have the same firmware and same settings but do not have this problem. I solved by playing with the parameters of the focus distance, in my case I had to put as 1m min focus distance, and now work. Have you tried with all the focus distance values?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
resolved

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Played with a manual focus and I have to say it's also disappointing, even on manual and turning on/off IR will cause it to be of focus and require 2-3 clicks to get it in the right focus position

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Alright folks! Good news, it's not a hardware issue! Applied my testing skills to find out what the issue. I reset the camera to default settings and noticed that focusing issue disappeared. Then I started applying the settings one by one and it turned out to be "Video Standard" which I am setting to 60 Hz. Leaving on Pal or 50 Hz doesn't cause focus hunting or out of focus picture!

Note, it doesn't resolve issue with the manual focus and IR light on/off above though, but semi-Auto and Auto is fine now.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, hopefully Huisin are tracking this forum category because it will be providing their developers with some areas to explore bug fixes.
When you see how many hundred thousand lines of code go to making up the functioning of these devices it's surprising how well they do actually work. It's a real-time environment, so much tougher than normal processing.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I doubt they are tracking, but I am sending this to Monica.

csshih

n3wb
Reaction score
I can second this issue on my 2016 camera! switching back to 50hz fixes it.