Mini PTZ V2 Suddenly Stopped Cold

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
Perhaps the PoE board in the cam died. try applying external 12V.
if that works, you can use a PoE splitter at the cam going forward...

Eustace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Nayr - Yes, the connections are waterproofed. I haven't tried giving it 12v power yet, should I try that along with POE? Thanks.
pozzello - I'll try the 12v power, thanks.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
no turn poe off, normal ethernet port unless you get a breakout adapter.

Eustace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This splitter has been recommended http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00SM196AE/ref=nosim/ipctk-20. Does anyone have a link for the injector? I want to use something known to work with this camera before i ask for another board or declare it DOA..

While I figure this out I may order a small black face Nayr recommends. I read his review on it and like it. Is the Dahua night picture as clear as the Huisun?

Thanks for the help.

Eustace.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The Dahua and Huisun share the same image sensor, so expect image quality to be basically equal.. but thats where the similarities stop, its IR is much stronger from what i've seen so its even better in low light.. but its not got as much zoom either, and its an indoor cam, so taking it outside is at your own risk.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
The Dahua and Huisun share the same image sensor, so expect image quality to be basically equal.. but thats where the similarities stop, its IR is much stronger from what i've seen so its even better in low light.. but its not got as much zoom either, and its an indoor cam, so taking it outside is at your own risk.
It sounded that you are saying that Dahua dome has better IR then Huisun?

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
This splitter has been recommended http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00SM196AE/ref=nosim/ipctk-20. Does anyone have a link for the injector?
have you tested with external 12V adapter to make sure the PoE board in the cam is the problem?

if so, and the cam is known to work with 12V input, then the splitter is all you need,
using your existing POE switch as the power source. Now, if it doesn;t work, then
the problem is on your cable or your switch. If it's the switch, then an injector may
be useful, but if it's the cable, injector at switch will not help...

Eustace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
have you tested with external 12V adapter to make sure the PoE board in the cam is the problem?

if so, and the cam is known to work with 12V input, then the splitter is all you need,
using your existing POE switch as the power source. Now, if it doesn;t work, then
the problem is on your cable or your switch. If it's the switch, then an injector may
be useful, but if it's the cable, injector at switch will not help...
I plugged in external power with the CAT5 cable plugged into a non-POE port, but not sure if it had enough watts to power camera. We have swapped several cables, POE ports, etc. I have plugged my other POE camera into the same port that the bad camera was in and it ran without issue. When I plug the bad camera into any of the POE ports, the POE indicator lights green, but the activity indicator lights solid green as well, when it should be blinking amber. The IR lights flash red one time after reinserting the network cable into a POE port, then go dark. I am wondering now if it's the network adapter in the camera that's the problem?

ncwbob

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had my Huisun V2 running on a few different 12V 1.5A power supplies and it was not enough, The cam was acting strange. I found a 12V 2.5A power supply, plugged it in and the cam is running perfect now. I think that would be equal to 25 watts?

If you are going to order a power supply, I would not order one less then 25 watts. That will allow for variance in the manufacturers power rating vs actual power the power supply puts out.

This cam is not supposed to need more then 12V 1.5A but I tried 2 power supplies rated for this level of power, one of them was a netgear switch power supply that was heavy and I think, pretty good quality and the can would not run right with these.

These 48V to 12V POE units were recommended to me by 2 different people here as something that will work with the Huisun PTZ. It takes the 48V from a POE power source and turns it into 12V so you can use a cam that requires 12V and power it with a POE switch.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SM196AE/ref=crt_ewc_title_dp_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1UNETF5RJMBZF

Robert

Eustace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had my Huisun V2 running on a few different 12V 1.5A power supplies and it was not enough, The cam was acting strange. I found a 12V 2.5A power supply, plugged it in and the cam is running perfect now. I think that would be equal to 25 watts?

If you are going to order a power supply, I would not order one less then 25 watts. That will allow for variance in the manufacturers power rating vs actual power the power supply puts out.

This cam is not supposed to need more then 12V 1.5A but I tried 2 power supplies rated for this level of power, one of them was a netgear switch power supply that was heavy and I think, pretty good quality and the can would not run right with these.

These 48V to 12V POE units were recommended to me by 2 different people here as something that will work with the Huisun PTZ. It takes the 48V from a POE power source and turns it into 12V so you can use a cam that requires 12V and power it with a POE switch.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SM196AE/ref=crt_ewc_title_dp_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1UNETF5RJMBZF

Robert
Ordering a 30 watt injector to rule out lack of power issue.. 12 watt does nothing..

angelojoanos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Robert
These work great http://www.amazon.com/CMVision-Listed-Regulated-Adapter-Illuminator/dp/B00K919SHG/ref=pd_sim_421_5?ie=UTF8&dpID=41bmpfKGmQL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=0AN8TF7Z07PZ56F2SM86 I had a poe cam die and have been using these with great success.

Eustace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK, I my 30 watt injector arrived today, hooked it up and I still get the same results. Bottom 2 IR lights light up briefly and then turn off, no activity on the switch and the camera does not show up on my network. So I'm thinking it's either the cable on the camera or bad network or POE board? Does anyone know if there is a way to attempt a reset of this camera without being able to connect to it, ie. a button to reset? I've posted a couple of questions to the seller and the only response I received was to reset the camera, but I'm not sure if that's possible without the network connection.

vasycara

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK, I my 30 watt injector arrived today, hooked it up and I still get the same results. Bottom 2 IR lights light up briefly and then turn off, no activity on the switch and the camera does not show up on my network. So I'm thinking it's either the cable on the camera or bad network or POE board? Does anyone know if there is a way to attempt a reset of this camera without being able to connect to it, ie. a button to reset? I've posted a couple of questions to the seller and the only response I received was to reset the camera, but I'm not sure if that's possible without the network connection.
Last tool for reset huisun:View attachment BatchControl-2016.rar

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not understanding why you ordered an injector when you think the POE card went bad? Did you try a separate power supply connnected to the power plug on the camera? If so and it worked then you want a splitter not an injector.

ncwbob

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not understanding why you ordered an injector when you think the POE card went bad? Did you try a separate power supply connnected to the power plug on the camera? If so and it worked then you want a splitter not an injector.
I think he ordered the type of injector that takes 48V from POE and turns it into 12V with a connector for the cam.

That is what the unit linked to below does, not sure if that is the one he bought or not. With this, if you have a POE switch, you don't need to buy a separate 12V power supply.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00SM196AE/ref=nosim/ipctk-20

My apologies if you already knew this.

Robert

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think he ordered the type of injector that takes 48V from POE and turns it into 12V with a connector for the cam.

That is what the unit linked to below does, not sure if that is the one he bought or not. With this, if you have a POE switch, you don't need to buy a separate 12V power supply.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00SM196AE/ref=nosim/ipctk-20

My apologies if you already knew this.

Robert
It's all good. I was looking at his post below and that did not sound like the splitter you list in your link. Hope he gets it working.

th3bloody9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
He ordered an injector with higher wattage to rule out lack of power.

That would be a splitter not an injector.