Missing PTZ functionality IPC-HDBW5831R-ZE

Reaction score
Hi there,

I’m trying to set up a DH-IPC-HDBW5831R-ZE at the moment and struggle with getting it to work properly. Network connection, configuration and access via both NACL Web Plug-in (Chrome) and SmartPSS work without any complications. Live view and a very reduced zoom-in with two focus buttons are also possible – but I neither have any PTZ functionality nor any menu item which could guide me to there.

Changing the firmware V2.622.0000000.23 to V2.622.0000000.18 and vice versa didn’t have an effect on this issue. Reading through the various threads here I learned that at least some Dahua models have a separate PTZ firmware – but for mine I cannot find any appropriate version?!? Does anybody else have other ideas?

Thanks
Mathias

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Slow down..
One question at a time.
First the web plug in does not work in most browsers today for security reasons.
Try internet explorer or down load the palemoon 32 bit browser.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Reaction score
And the Zoom is only designed to be used at time of installation, not on an ongoing basis.
Is there a reason why you couldn't use the zoom after installation? I always thought with the motorized cameras you could change it after installation depending on the customers needs - e.g. have it zoomed in during the day and then change it to zoomed out in the evening. Obviously the customer would need to do it manually.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is there a reason why you couldn't use the zoom after installation? I always thought with the motorized cameras you could change it after installation depending on the customers needs - e.g. have it zoomed in during the day and then change it to zoomed out in the evening. Obviously the customer would need to do it manually.
Actually, for anyone who hasn't seen it, there's a very handy Windows utility that @bp2008 wrote called DahuaSunriseSunset that will zoom/focus the camera to specific values at sunrise and sunset. You could def use values that zoom it in during the day and then zoom it out for the evening. :)

The zoom/focus on this camera is pretty slow compared to a real PTZ, IMO. Don't want anyone thinking they can use a camera like this to zoom in real quick anytime they saw some action. By the time it focused, you would have missed a good bit of the action!