Missing recording after rebooting & camera not viewing properly | DS-9632NI-I8

shamtph

n3wb
Reaction score
Dear all,

I have 2 issues here:

1.I am having issue on my recording. Every time it reboots randomly or manually reboot, the recording gone missing without an error.
I have not done self test on HDD yet, but anyone have a clue on what are the issue?

If the HDD is having issue, how do i know which of the 3 HDD inside NVR having issue?

2. Some cameras didn't show properly, but when i double click on that camera, it shows the view normally.

I will give some screenshot in the attachment.

Here is my NVR specification:

Model: DS-9632NI-I8

Firmware Version: V4.1.70 build 181114

No of camera installed: 32 channels

No of HDD: 3 X 4TB WD HDD

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
.I am having issue on my recording. Every time it reboots randomly or manually reboot, the recording gone missing without an error.
I have not done self test on HDD yet, but anyone have a clue on what are the issue?
Have you tried using the 'Rebuild Video files' button?

1666776015110.png

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
No, it won't erase recordings.
Try the 'Rebuild all data '.
It can take quite a few minutes depending on the amount of data.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure - I've never used RAID on that model of NVR.
I don't think it's a RAID rebuild that's needed.

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Dear all,

I have 2 issues here:

1.I am having issue on my recording. Every time it reboots randomly or manually reboot, the recording gone missing without an error.

If the HDD is having issue, how do i know which of the 3 HDD inside NVR having issue?

2. Some cameras didn't show properly, but when i double click on that camera, it shows the view normally.

I will give some screenshot in the attachment.

Here is my NVR specification:

Model: DS-9632NI-I8

Firmware Version: V4.1.70 build 181114

No of camera installed: 32 channels

No of HDD: 3 X 4TB WD HDD

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
As an employee of a Hikvision dealer, I will tell you what is wrong to help you out:
Your firmware is out of date and the newer versions of hik-connect can cause the unit to reboot randomly.
It needs to be updated so you don't experience the issues you are experiencing.

Also, all functions for the NVR should be administered directly from the NVR either by at the machine or its admin login from its ip address and not thru IVMS.

Last edited:

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In a RAID configuration as shown in the screenshot, how should a recorded data rebuild (not a RAID rebuild) be initiated?
It doesn't look like the correct screen, like its from ivms instead of the NVR
You have to do all of this at the NVR.

You add a drive as a hot spare, then rebuild. I use an external esata hdd for that until I change the failed drive that is listed in physical disk.

If you have good drives and have to rebuild, you have to use a hot spare as well.

on page 130 of this manual, you will see what I am talking about:

BTW I avoid raids. If they need a mirror, I sell them a 2nd nvr, and only one goes online for remote viewing, the other is a backup that insures it from all NVR based failures.

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It's not about a RAID rebuild, I was asking about the data rebuild in a RAID system.
If a RAID rebuild was needed there would be log entries complaining about the RAID status.

shamtph

n3wb
Reaction score
As an employee of a Hikvision dealer, I will tell you what is wrong to help you out:
Your firmware is out of date and the newer versions of hik-connect can cause the unit to reboot randomly.
It needs to be updated so you don't experience the issues you are experiencing.

Also, all functions for the NVR should be administered directly from the NVR either by at the machine or its admin login from its ip address and not thru IVMS.
Newer version of hik-connect? is it my IVMS software?

If i want to update firmware, will it be any data lost?