Missing several weeks of recordings

Thomas B

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I hope you can help me. Today I went to my BI pc to check for a recording from Sunday night. Unfortunately i discovered that there are no recordings stored between 08/24 and the afternoon of 09/11. I can see the pc has an uptime of 16 days and I know it had been working during that time because I periodically take a look at the live feeds from the cams. I am assuming a bad setting is responsible for the recordings going missing. Any ideas on how this happened would be appreciated. This can't happen again. Ive included some screenshots of my settings.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I hope you can help me. Today I went to my BI pc to check for a recording from Sunday night. Unfortunately i discovered that there are no recordings stored between 08/24 and the afternoon of 09/11. I can see the pc has an uptime of 16 days and I know it had been working during that time because I periodically take a look at the live feeds from the cams. I am assuming a bad setting is responsible for the recordings going missing. Any ideas on how this happened would be appreciated. This can't happen again. Ive included some screenshots of my settings.
This is a result of improperly setting up storage quotas...between your new and stored folders you have allocated only 30gb of storage...
side note you can assign different colors to each camera so they appear independently on the timeline.

Thomas B

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is a result of improperly setting up storage quotas...between your new and stored folders you have allocated only 30gb of storage...
side note you can assign different colors to each camera so they appear independently on the timeline.
Thanks for the reply. I increased them to 500gb each for New and Stored. That should be enough right? I have a 2tb hdd. Also, will it automatically overwrite the oldest files if the drive does fill up? Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I increased them to 500gb each for New and Stored. That should be enough right? I have a 2tb hdd. Also, will it automatically overwrite the oldest files if the drive does fill up? Thanks
it might be enough, all depends on how long you need, how much movement there will be, how many cameras and bitrates...if you have a 2tb drive you can allocate more space..make sure not to overallocate...also you dont need two folders..dump everything into the new folder then set to delete..