Mix wifi and hard wired cameras on same monitor?

jlindblo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a 6 camera hard-wired system and need to add another but it's almost impossible to thread a Cat5 to the mounting location. Can I add a wifi camera to the current system?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a 6 camera hard-wired system and need to add another but it's almost impossible to thread a Cat5 to the mounting location. Can I add a wifi camera to the current system?
what is your current system?
it is always possible to run ethernet.

jlindblo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's an early i5 2500K with 16 GB of ram running 2 monitors showing 9 cameras ... (I got the number of cameras wrong above). I have a Switch in the basement and the desired wifi Reolink camera will be directly 2 stories above in the choir loft. The problem is that the loft is designed with bleacher type seating so the area I would need to go through is about 4' thick ..... and I don't know where to get a drill that long, or what obstacles I would run into drilling through. The church building was constructed in 1943. I thought about running a cable outside the building but it would face the afternoon sun and not sure how the cable would hold up. The church building is brick but I have a strong wifi signal there in the choir loft and was thinking that a wifi camera might be the easiest solution.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It's an early i5 2500K with 16 GB of ram running 2 monitors showing 9 cameras ... (I got the number of cameras wrong above). I have a Switch in the basement and the desired wifi Reolink camera will be directly 2 stories above in the choir loft. The problem is that the loft is designed with bleacher type seating so the area I would need to go through is about 4' thick ..... and I don't know where to get a drill that long, or what obstacles I would run into drilling through. The church building was constructed in 1943. I thought about running a cable outside the building but it would face the afternoon sun and not sure how the cable would hold up. The church building is brick but I have a strong wifi signal there in the choir loft and was thinking that a wifi camera might be the easiest solution.
Avoid reolink its garbage and the company lies and spams.
any camera can be made wifi with a bridge. you can add a wifi camera as you could any other network camera. You dont state what software you are using.

jlindblo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Using Blue Iris .... Ok ... what camera would you recommend? It's to monitor the sound system to see what little fingers are playing with the settings.