Mobile app for BI - need advice

bigjoe99

n3wb
Reaction score
Currently running BI full and paid for at my warehouse and business. Works great! Got a dozen cams on it and my employees have never worked harder - haha!

Problem is, mobile access, and I *HAVE* to get this working good on my mobile or I have to look at a different product. Oh, I can access it just fine across the internet on my Android. Problem is, resolution. Even when I select a specific camera the image is tiny on my Sammy. Tried other Androids from employees and same problem. Remote in with my laptop and it's fine.

I am not running a dedicated remote app. Just my Chrome browser. I see BI has a dedicated mobile app you can buy for $10, but reviews on it are sketchy. Also see some freeware versions made by enthusiasts. I just want to be able to view my cameras at a decent resolution on my mobile and don't need mgmt tools. What do I do? Thanks y'all.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Currently running BI full and paid for at my warehouse and business. Works great! Got a dozen cams on it and my employees have never worked harder - haha!

Problem is, mobile access, and I *HAVE* to get this working good on my mobile or I have to look at a different product. Oh, I can access it just fine across the internet on my Android. Problem is, resolution. Even when I select a specific camera the image is tiny on my Sammy. Tried other Androids from employees and same problem. Remote in with my laptop and it's fine.

I am not running a dedicated remote app. Just my Chrome browser. I see BI has a dedicated mobile app you can buy for $10, but reviews on it are sketchy. Also see some freeware versions made by enthusiasts. I just want to be able to view my cameras at a decent resolution on my mobile and don't need mgmt tools. What do I do? Thanks y'all.
The mobile app is excellent...has a 4.2 rating...some users are just stupid...also increase the web server bitrate.. always amazes me that folks pay all this money for cams but refuse to pay 10 bucks...

bigjoe99

n3wb
Reaction score
The mobile app is excellent...has a 4.2 rating...some users are just stupid...also increase the web server bitrate.. always amazes me that folks pay all this money for cams but refuse to pay 10 bucks...
Oh, I have no problem paying $10. It's just with all the apps out there I wanted to get something that is verified 'works' and not pay a troll. I do get what you are saying though :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, I have no problem paying $10. It's just with all the apps out there I wanted to get something that is verified 'works' and not pay a troll. I do get what you are saying though :)
The official blueiris app is the one to use... There are no other apps out there that offer the same functionality...