Mobile Notifications

masreyno

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 4 cameras running on Blue Iris. All 4 cameras are setup on motion alerts with push notifications via the Blue Iris app and text messaging.
  • Three cameras, when triggered, send the notifications to the mobile device as normal.
  • One camera does not send the notifications when triggered by activity in the camera's field of view.
  • On the camera that does not send notifications, when doing a "trigger now" in the BI camera settings, the text message is received on the mobile device.
  • On the alerts tab in the camera settings, in the send a 'SMS text message' configure box, pressing the test button successfully sends a text message notification for the camera to the mobile device.
  • Going out and walking in front of the camera...no notifications are sent.
In all instances, the BI log shows motion and a alert clip is created. I have had this system up and running for about 4 months and all of the alerts have worked fine until this past week or so. I have updated BI since the problem began, but I do not sure a problem with the update would only affect one camera.

I have tried too many things to try to fix the problem to list them all here. I have also reached out to BI support. In the meantime, I was interested in if anyone here has experienced anything similar or have any suggested approaches while waiting.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 4 cameras running on Blue Iris. All 4 cameras are setup on motion alerts with push notifications via the Blue Iris app and text messaging.
  • Three cameras, when triggered, send the notifications to the mobile device as normal.
  • One camera does not send the notifications when triggered by activity in the camera's field of view.
  • On the camera that does not send notifications, when doing a "trigger now" in the BI camera settings, the text message is received on the mobile device.
  • On the alerts tab in the camera settings, in the send a 'SMS text message' configure box, pressing the test button successfully sends a text message notification for the camera to the mobile device.
  • Going out and walking in front of the camera...no notifications are sent.
In all instances, the BI log shows motion and a alert clip is created. I have had this system up and running for about 4 months and all of the alerts have worked fine until this past week or so. I have updated BI since the problem began, but I do not sure a problem with the update would only affect one camera.

I have tried too many things to try to fix the problem to list them all here. I have also reached out to BI support. In the meantime, I was interested in if anyone here has experienced anything similar or have any suggested approaches while waiting.
delete the camera and add it back

masreyno

n3wb
Reaction score
Deleting and adding it back resulted in the same outcome unfortunately. Triggered the camera, BI shows motion in the log, alert clip created, but no notifications were sent to the mobile device. Thanks for the fast reply.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Deleting and adding it back resulted in the same outcome unfortunately. Triggered the camera, BI shows motion in the log, alert clip created, but no notifications were sent to the mobile device. Thanks for the fast reply.
confirm that the alert box is checked when the relevant profile is selected from the dropdown as its profile specific.
also, did you import the old camera settings? if so, try setup from scratch.

masreyno

n3wb
Reaction score
confirm that the alert box is checked when the relevant profile is selected from the dropdown as its profile specific.
also, did you import the old camera settings? if so, try setup from scratch.
Received a successful text alert notification on the phone. Copied/pasted all alert settings to all profiles even though only the active profile is being executed. The only other thing I adjusted was selecting the motion zones box and selecting all of the zones on the alerts tab. Maybe I misunderstood the function of this as I assumed it was only relevant if zones/hot spots were enabled on the trigger tab. So one of these two things mentioned has the notifications working which is all I can ask for. And to answer your other question, I did setup the camera from scratch after deleting and adding it back. Thank you for the suggestions.

Attachments