Monitor Goes to Sleep

geek007

n3wb
Reaction score
Hreetings,

On my Hikvision NVR running the 760... model... I have noticed that the monitor has been going to sleep, unable to wake the monitor up. Even with a mouse, no dice.

I was able to get it up at one point, and factory reset the monitor. After an hour or so, it went to sleep, with power indicator blinking - not rapid blinking. It shows as green, power indicator but screen is black.

Even when trying to hit the power button on the monitor, nothing happened.

I can see everything through my smartphone, tablet, and web browser, but screen itself is blank/black.

Even rebooting the NVR didn't change anything. I have to unplug power cord from monitor for 5 min and plug it back in, then it works, but an hour or so later it goes blank again. WTH?

Very strange!!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If you press the monitor's Menu button, or Source Selection button, is there any response?
If not - and you can't get a menu response either when the video cable is out - it sounds like you have a faulty monitor.

geek007

n3wb
Reaction score
If you press the monitor's Menu button, or Source Selection button, is there any response?
If not - and you can't get a menu response either when the video cable is out - it sounds like you have a faulty monitor.
That's correct. I tried everything. No responses or actions taken when pressing those various buttons. Only way to get it back up is unplugging power cord, wait 5 min or so, then it come back on.

Definitely a faulty monitor.

Damn.. one thing after another.. :-(

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can you bring up the menu up on the monitor when it is already awake? Could be a sleep setting in monitor setup.

geek007

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you bring up the menu up on the monitor when it is already awake? Could be a sleep setting in monitor setup.
Of course. Re-read my comments above.

Bottom line, it's a faulty monitor.

geek007

n3wb
Reaction score
Bummer.. It's not the monitor that's faulty. I think it's the power source. I have my monitor upstairs running a CAT5e to the NVR's HDMI port in the basement.

Ultra Slim HDMI® over Single Cat5e/Cat6 Cable Extender | VANCO International

I think the Vanco slim PoE power connector HDMI may be defective, because I hooked it up on another monitor, it did the same thing.

Going in the basement to hook monitor up directly to see if it happens again.

Edit: It looks to be the HDMI on the NVR is causing the problem. I tested it directly connected VGA, worked perfectly.

Last edited: